Additional time

Additional time is good only if it’s explained what for.

If they say it’s a minimum 3 mins plus 30 seconds for substitutions and goals then you can calculate yourself how much is added on.

When it’s just a random 8 minutes and then an extra 5 mins played on top of that it starts getting silly.

Good idea being badly implemented once again.
They actually didn’t play enough time today. There were another 2 to play. As you say, nothing PiGMOL are charged with doing is done well

Ironic that we bang on about opposition keepers time-wasting and then we get done by 8mins extra time today. Can definitely see this going against us this year.
Deja vu today from last season when Arsenal were gifted extra time when they needed it… It’s carte Blanche for PGMOL to help whichever team they like and nobody can say a thing

surely added time works both ways for both teams it will go against us and it will go for us......

stop creating excuses before it even happens (and it will as they have already said games will go on longer)

Second half:

There was 3 mins for les arse time-out, 1 minute for Palmer goal, 3 minutes for subs. That was 7 but they added 8.

In to added time, there was 4 minutes for head clash then another 1 minute for goal.

Of course it won’t. Overall playing more minutes will suit the better team
Not sure it will myself. Some teams only want to attack us at the end of games. They will now have more added time to help them. But only in tight games obviously, just like today.

That was done for TV today..a deliberate attempt to try and get a shoot out
I guarantee if that stuffy wanker's heel hadn't stopped a well deserved 2-0 there would not have been 8 minutes added on
Clear and obvious

Not sure it will myself. Some teams only want to attack us at the end of games. They will now have more added time to help them. But only in tight games obviously, just like today.
Yep. I can see most teams defending like madmen for 85 minutes and, if they're still in the game (no more than 2 down), give it a go in the last part of the game. Very few sides will go at us from the off.

Whilst the idea of additional time is the right one how was eight minutes arrived at today. One injury which took about two minutes maximum out of the game and the subs which were actually quicker than normal. There was no time wasting as we saw last season. I reckoned on five or six maximum. The first few weeks of the season are going to see some ridiculous amounts of time added on with little or no justification. You could see Pep querying the amount today with the fourth official. It’s just going to be a random figure of between seven and twelve minutes in most cases.

That doesn’t make sense

Statistically, if you look at in which minute goals are scored in 80+ absolutely dominates.

Last game of last season vs Brentford. Lost to 85th minute goal
Brentford also beat us in the 97th min.
Man united loss 78th and 82nd
Nottingham Forrest equaliser 84th
Liverpool Winner 76th

It's when we are most susceptible as we get more desperate in looking for our own winner, it promotes parking the bus and now be happier to leave it to extra time before trying to nab something rather than about 80mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.