Additional time

With this added time fiasco we cant afford to be going into the last few mins with just a single goal lead especially when we're away as it will always benefit inferior opposition (like it did today) We need to sow games up well before then.

Can you imagine a game where we are 6-0 up at 90 minutes and both teams have made 3 subs each.

Say 1 minute for each goal and 30 seconds per sub, that's 9 minutes before you even think about time wasting and actual injury time. 8:00pm kick off's will be ending after 10:00pm at this rate.

How will it benefit us? As it is teams love time wasting and even time waste when 1 down now if its still only 1 down they have the 7/10 mins more to hoof it in the box and we know even the greatest sides get a bit nervy when you know you been the better team the whole game!

You do realise that the other team in that situation is way way more likely to concede than to score when playing us. That's how it will benefit us. When the ball is in play we score three times as many goals as other teams in the league. More ball in play = more goals for us. When it is 0-0, 1-1 going into added time our chances of winning the game now go up astronomically. Like Forest last year.

Can you imagine a game where we are 6-0 up at 90 minutes and both teams have made 3 subs each.

Say 1 minute for each goal and 30 seconds per sub, that's 9 minutes before you even think about time wasting and actual injury time. 8:00pm kick off's will be ending after 10:00pm at this rate.

Don’t be silly, that will result in the usual 3 mins added.

With this added time fiasco we cant afford to be going into the last few mins with just a single goal lead especially when we're away as it will always benefit inferior opposition (like it did today) We need to sow games up well before then.
I don't see it making any difference, if anything I think it is a better situation for us as we generally pass teams to death and they are usually fucked.

As usual. The refs will take it too far for the first few weeks then you'll see one ref break the mould, probably to aide a favoured team (I wonder who?) and then you'll see them dial it back.

I'm not against it tbh, if it stops a lot of the snide time wasting then bring it on.

We will probably benefit more than most, we spend more time going through the motions and seeing the games out than any other side so we are less likely to suffer from it and it hopefully encourages pep to go for the kill in games more often after we score to really make sure rather than sitting on a 1 goal lead and running the risk of dropped points.

Today though was unnecessary. Not because we conceded late and ultimately lost but because it's a friendly, barely any of those players have had 90 minutes for 2 months, they looked gassed, to make them play what ended up close to being the equivalent or extra time was just daft.

It happened today though and it'll happen again this season. Its definitely going to be exploited by other teams

Yes, that's one game and against a team who scores a lot of goals. Do you want to take a bet on whether we will score or concede more goals in added time this year? Because I know what the answer to that will be. It'll be the same as it is every season but even more pronounced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.