Additional time

Basically means you really require a 2 goal lead at the 90 min mark to ensure a win.
Defending a 1-0 has become increasingly difficult now.
Cost us today but should suit us in the long run.

That was done for TV today..a deliberate attempt to try and get a shoot out
I guarantee if that stuffy wanker's heel hadn't stopped a well deserved 2-0 there would not have been 8 minutes added on
Clear and obvious
Nope - as others have already posted, several games are having significant additional time added on. I was at Altrincham yesterday. It was 45+8 first half and 45+9 second half. No significant injuries or stoppages. Game kicked off at 3.00 and finished dead on 5.15.

Don’t know if it’s already been posted but there must have be been 4 minutes of added on time in the 8 minutes of original added on time ,quite ridiculous really or did they play until they scored

Don’t know if it’s already been posted but there must have be been 4 minutes of added on time in the 8 minutes of original added on time ,quite ridiculous really or did they play until they scored
Walker down for ages. Still shouldn't have been 8 in the first place.

Well thanks for doing that! Seems a lot of tight games that in a season

I was curious myself to be honest, you'd probably need to look over a few seasons to know for sure how it'd impact us.

I think the main takeaway is that when we lose or we draw, the margin going into injury time is always narrow because we only lose by more than one goal on very rare occasions.

Whereas when we are winning, the vast majority of the time we are winning by multiple goals because we score about 2.5-3 goals per game on average.

So in theory this should give us extra time to clawback a goal in every game where we are losing or drawing, but it will only impact the games we're winning relatively rarely in comparison (though today was obviously one of those occasions where it worked against us).

What really worries me is what is the formula for adding time on?

Today didn't seem like 8 minute extra time. And if City were 1-0 down would they have added 8 minutes?

What's the formula? Or is this a ruse to allow them to add whatever time they like (or not) onto utd games (for example).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.