Adebayor and Ireland + £40m for Torres and Gerrard

Matt.D said:
Michael Johnson isnt injured as most people in manchester know. Hes also incredibly overrated as a footballer.

I know him, he's injured, forget your bullshit rumours. He's also the best player I have ever had the privilege to watch up close. Even at 12, he was so far ahead of many people twice his age, it was scary. There's a reason that the Colin Bell comparisons happened. His career could go one of two ways here, depending on how his recovery has affected his talent. His attitude towards the game has been immensely improved this season, under both Hughes (though there were teething problems) and Mancini.

Damocles said:
Matt.D said:
Michael Johnson isnt injured as most people in manchester know. Hes also incredibly overrated as a footballer.

I know him, he's injured, forget your bullshit rumours. He's also the best player I have ever had the privilege to watch up close. Even at 12, he was so far ahead of many people twice his age, it was scary. There's a reason that the Colin Bell comparisons happened. His career could go one of two ways here, depending on how his recovery has affected his talent. His attitude towards the game has been immensely improved this season, under both Hughes (though there were teething problems) and Mancini.

Any news on how he's doing and if we'll see him after the summer over his injuries and fighting for a starting spot

Really need a box to box midfield player. Whether that's Jonno, only time will tell. Has the talent but does he have the fitness, the desire and the intelligence to knock the booze, nights out and woefully unprofessional lifestyle on the head? Can see him going out on loan next season once he recovers from his latest injury. Last chance saloon for him

for me this deal isnt worth it

Torres is an exceptional player.....a better forward than Ade without question....HOWEVER....there are big questions about his long term fitness.

gerrard is on the decline big time and we will see this in the upcoming WC. And part of what makes gerrard such a good player is his passion for liverpool...he wouldnt have that at city

Id definately go for Torres but keep ade as well

Im not sure about gerrard at all but id keep ireland as i think he still can become an absolute top class player and he has time on his hands

simon23 said:
for me this deal isnt worth it

Torres is an exceptional player.....a better forward than Ade without question....HOWEVER....there are big questions about his long term fitness.

gerrard is on the decline big time and we will see this in the upcoming WC. And part of what makes gerrard such a good player is his passion for liverpool...he wouldnt have that at city

Id definately go for Torres but keep ade as well

Im not sure about gerrard at all but id keep ireland as i think he still can become an absolute top class player and he has time on his hands

But getting Torres and Gerrard would send a message to the football world... with helping the team getting into the top 4.

I highly doubt that players like Torres, Gerrard and others of that caliber would want to come to us, considering that we failed to win the 4th spot leading to the Champo League

mikethecitizen9 said:
I highly doubt that players like Torres, Gerrard and others of that caliber would want to come to us, considering that we failed to win the 4th spot leading to the Champo League

excatly my point mate.

mikethecitizen9 said:
But who else will they go to?

Arsenal? Chelsea?
United are skint, and Tottenham are fine with Huddlestone and Defore, Pavlyuchenko and Crouch. So neither of those teams will go for Gerrard and Torres, who won't want to stay at Liverpool due to the fact that they're in decline. City are the only team that can afford the wage bills consistantly, and we're heading to the Champions League. They won't want to be at Liverpool, they just won't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.