Adebayor and Ireland + £40m for Torres and Gerrard

MCfcBOB said:
mikethecitizen9 said:
I highly doubt that players like Torres, Gerrard and others of that caliber would want to come to us, considering that we failed to win the 4th spot leading to the Champo League
But who else will they go to?

Arsenal? Chelsea?
United are skint, and Tottenham are fine with Huddlestone and Defore, Pavlyuchenko and Crouch. So neither of those teams will go for Gerrard and Torres, who won't want to stay at Liverpool due to the fact that they're in decline. City are the only team that can afford the wage bills consistantly, and we're heading to the Champions League. They won't want to be at Liverpool, they just won't.
chelsea can easily afford to buy torres + they have chumps league.

lee-mcfc said:
MCfcBOB said:
But who else will they go to?

Arsenal? Chelsea?
United are skint, and Tottenham are fine with Huddlestone and Defore, Pavlyuchenko and Crouch. So neither of those teams will go for Gerrard and Torres, who won't want to stay at Liverpool due to the fact that they're in decline. City are the only team that can afford the wage bills consistantly, and we're heading to the Champions League. They won't want to be at Liverpool, they just won't.
But Gerrard is 'too Liverpool' to move to Chelsea.
It's like Rooney going to Arsenal, if you understand what I mean.

MCfcBOB said:
lee-mcfc said:
But Gerrard is 'too Liverpool' to move to Chelsea.
It's like Rooney going to Arsenal, if you understand what I mean.

i'm on about torres..

but god knows about gerrard hes liverpool all over so i can see him staying.

With all due respect none of you are taking into account the fact that Torres has said time and time again he would not play for another English team, he has said he would like to play in Italy and then go back to Spain of course so that isnt out of the question. As for Gerrard ? Again he would never play for another English team , he flirted with Chelsea but changed his mind, nobody made him change his mind, you all know this deep down but continue to delude yourselves at this possibility. I'm not saying that playing for City isn't an attractive prospect for players but please consider the facts here.

Yes Liverpool are on a rocky road at the moment but we do not NEED to sell our best players. The owners want to sell the club at the best price they can get and without these two the value decreases significantly.

Rafa looks on his way out, although that may change, and I think Gerrard and Torres will relish new ideas from a new manager.

Until we know the direction of the club going forward nothing significant will occur.

shelovesyouyehyehyeh said:
With all due respect none of you are taking into account the fact that Torres has said time and time again he would not play for another English team, he has said he would like to play in Italy and then go back to Spain of course so that isnt out of the question. As for Gerrard ? Again he would never play for another English team , he flirted with Chelsea but changed his mind, nobody made him change his mind, you all know this deep down but continue to delude yourselves at this possibility. I'm not saying that playing for City isn't an attractive prospect for players but please consider the facts here.

Yes Liverpool are on a rocky road at the moment but we do not NEED to sell our best players. The owners want to sell the club at the best price they can get and without these two the value decreases significantly.

Rafa looks on his way out, although that may change, and I think Gerrard and Torres will relish new ideas from a new manager.

Until we know the direction of the club going forward nothing significant will occur.

100% agree with you about torres and gerrard pal ..regarding torres iv said he's most likely to go back to spain OR if he ever did want to play for another english team it would be chelsea. imo.

i think way to many people on here are deulded at the fact torres would come to city (well in this transfer window).

lee-mcfc said:

100% agree with you about torres and gerrard pal ..regarding torres iv said he's most likely to go back to spain OR if he ever did want to play for another english team it would be chelsea. imo.

i think way to many people on here are deulded at the fact torres would come to city (well in this transfer window).

I appreciate that mate, I dont want to come over all attitude with anyone and that but I just cannot see it happening at all.

Gerrard to Madrid is a distinct possibility however and Yes im very concerned about Liverpool as a club, but being realistic I do not for one minute see Torres joining you guys.

lee-mcfc said:

I appreciate that mate, I dont want to come over all attitude with anyone and that but I just cannot see it happening at all.

Gerrard to Madrid is a distinct possibility however and Yes im very concerned about Liverpool as a club, but being realistic I do not for one minute see Torres joining you guys.

no worries. me neither pal its a none starter.

yeah iv heard about that a couple of times might be bullshit but i could see it being true tbh..
the torres stories are just media shit. i think he would stay at your club for atleast another season and if yous fail again to reach top 4 i could see him leaving but thats just my intake on it.

lee-mcfc said:

yeah iv heard about that a couple of times might be bullshit but i could see it being true tbh..
the torres stories are just media shit. i think he would stay at your club for atleast another season and if yous fail again to reach top 4 i could see him leaving but thats just my intake on it.

Utterly wrong.

Damocles said:
lee-mcfc said:

Utterly wrong.
i mean about linking him to city i dont see no truth in it.. epecially(sp?) now that we didnt reach 4th.

lee-mcfc said:
Damocles said:
Utterly wrong.
i mean about linking him to city i dont see no truth in it.. epecially(sp?) now that we didnt reach 4th.

Yeah, that's what's utterly wrong. We can bid for whoever we like, doesn't necessarily means he going to jump at the chance, but to say that there is no truth in a transfer story is misleading and wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.