Adebayor charged (Merged)

Re: Breaking News. Adebayor charged with ...

Cheltblue said:
neil jung said:
City's website seems to suggest that an automatic three-game ban for the stamp has been offered. Adebayour has until tomorrow to accept that or request a hearing on Thursday.

Cheers nj

A 3 game ban is the standard for violent conduct, if you're charged with it then that's the sentence, 3 game ban, no questions, no debate. If we appeal then we may get it reduced, but I'd doubt it'll work. I personally wouldn't waste time with the appeal, just accept it and concentrate on ensuring the celebration doesn't result in a ban too.

Re: Mark Clattenburg = Dishonest

Ticket For Schalke said:
Glasgow Man City said:
Don't think so mate, both feet were off the ground when he jumped into the "tackle"

watch it properly, rvp left foot gets there before the right, it was more of a swipe with his right foot.

Left gets there first, but both are off the ground & heading in Ade's direction, for that reason it could easilly have been a red.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clattenburg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clattenburg</a>

See the bottom of the "Top flight and internation...." bit.

Very intriguing.

I have to disagree with some of you on here regarding the "stamping" incident.
I was not at the ground, but I was watching it "live" on the internet, and my first reaction when I saw it was to call my wife to tell her to come and watch it, telling her he would be "in trouble" for it, and in my opinion quite rightly. It was reckless, dangerous, and unnecessary. In my opinion he will probably get a three match ban for the "stamp"

With regards to the other charge, as far as I was aware, if a referee had already punished a player, by either a red card or a yellow card, then nothing further could be done. So it seems that the F.A. are rewriting the rules as they go along, which is clearly wrong.

On the other point, Van Persie can, and should, be charged on two points. His reckless and dangerous two-footed challenge on Adebayor, and for his swearing at the City fans in the corner after he scored his goal. If my memory serves me correctly, there was an assistant referee on that side of the pitch, and he should have heard every word the the dutch twat came out with, so why has nothing been done about him?

And also, why has absolutely nothing been done about the Arsenal fans throwing stuff on the pitch? OK, maybe the think that Adebayor incited a riot, but does that then mean that the riot itself should not be punished?

They knocked out a steward, and from what I can see they also threw banana's at Adebayor, which is as serious, and maybe more serious than Ade running the full length of the pitch to celebrate

He's a shit ref and always has been.

Kuyt2210DMPA_468x306.jpg

The above challenge was in a match officiated by Clattenburg and not even a yellow card was shown. Not only that but earlier in the match Clattenburg was about to show a yellow card to Hibbert, Gerrard has a word in his ear and suddenly it's a red.

With all the press bias if we gets away with a 3 game ban we will be doing well. Still think they will give him a ban for the celebration though. THing is he is being punished twice for the same offence how does that work.

It is basically video refing the game after the fact, can of worms. THey are saying they can increase a yellow card to a red after the fact ? Has this ever been done before ?

Re: Ian Watmore FA Chairman and lifelong Arsenal fan

Maybe Weston but do you really think he should have gone public prior to the hearing, i think not, expect our lawyers to have a field day

Halfpenny said:
He's lying.

ade.png
That's the photo that should see FIFA step in and tell the FA in no uncertain terms to stop breaking their rules by re-refereeing games. I have a sneaky feeling that they won't though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.