Adebayor charged (Merged)

Re: ade deserves a ban

As Shaun Custiss remarked on the Sunday Supplement why do we have to pamper football supporters. Are they not big enough to take a bit of their own medicine. Ade gets masses of verbal abuse but dare'nt react for fear of upsetting them. They should all grow up. It's like trying to ban the All Blacks doing the Haka in opponents faces. I would'nt like it but teams just have to get on with it!
I thought once Mark Clattenburg issued the yellow card that was the subject closed as 'dealt with by the referee'
Storm in a teacup been kept on the boil by the media especially those that don't like us.

To think one of OUR OWN players deserves a ban, is plain stupid. Arsenal fans were giving him ENDLESS stick all through the game, pretty much everytime he touched the ball.....so IMO he was just getting back at them. ARSE fans get all they deserve. Van Persie needed a kick in the face anyway.

HongKongBluey said:
Does Adebayor deserve a ban for the stamp, yes I think he does (Do I want him to be banned, hell no, I would be happy if he somehow got off), but like hell does he deserve anything more than maybe a small fine for the celebration. He was penalized with a yellow card and that should be the end of it.
Pretty much my feelings on this matter too, the stamp looked intentional to me so I'd be expecting a ban for that, and it would be warranted. The celebration however was dealt with by Clattenburg at the time and, in my opinion, the FA have no right to be interfering now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qm8JROXWc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9qm8JROXWc</a>

blue 1992 said:
To think one of OUR OWN players deserves a ban, is plain stupid. Arsenal fans were giving him ENDLESS stick all through the game, pretty much everytime he touched the ball.....so IMO he was just getting back at them. ARSE fans get all they deserve. Van Persie needed a kick in the face anyway.
Why because he's "one of our own" players does that mean he hasn't done anything wrong and doesn't deserve punishment? I don't want him punished, I'd be delighted if he escaped any kind of ban, but that doesn't mean I don't think he doesn't deserve one.

Congratulations Arsenal.

Mods please merge if you feel this could be involved in another thread and I apolagise for any inconvinience if you feel the need to do so.

You have, in one game, managed to become my 2nd most hated team in the top four only behind the rags. I think the "fans" (term used loose based on abuse to Adebayor and even their current played Eboué) were disgraceful and shown a lack of maturity and lack of intelligence when reacting to the celebration from Adebayor. I acknowledge that he is a professional footballer and he should act as such, however there is only so much you can take from a set of people who are insulting your mother and father and in the process using racist and stereotypical chants for which the club, in my opinion, should have action taken against it. I won't, however, hold my breath for any length of time concerning this matter.

Could Emmanuel Adebayor have caused a riot? Could Robin Van Persie have caused a riot? Certainly not. Why not? Because the fans should have more intelligence than to use violence against stewards and police who are only enforcing the rules. They breached these rules the moment they hurled objects at the player, however good or bad you view Adebayors celebration. I have little to no respect for them because of this. The person who has injured that steward should be arrested for assault - that is the action I would take. On top of that action they should never be allowed to attend any further matches in which Arsenal football club are participating. Failure to comply with these requests would surely only be promoting or condoning his behaviour during this match. He has a responsibility to the club that when attending an away match he should act as an adult and keep within the rules, if they cannot do this for ninety minutes then that is a poor show on their part.

I'm not saying Adebayor was perfect in his behaviour, but the witch hunt is a disgrace. There has been many more examples of incidents before this and yet they are acting like it is world war III. Well done to Martin Samuel for being the example. I would strongly urge the club to not talk to any of these journalists other than the specified exception as they do not deserve it. If they can give us bad press then why should we communicate with them on any level than what we are obliged?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.