Adebayor gone (& we aren't paying his wages)

Re: Adebayor gone (Official)

SWP's back said:
sniff said:
SWP's back said:
And? What's your point? I was pointing out Spurs have paid £14m in total.

And we did not pay his full wages last season at all.

We have just received £5m for a player that was not part of our plans and was costing us £9m per year. Two years left on the deal. We are now £23m better off over the next 2 years than we were this morning.

I'm happy about that and luckily Hughes is no longer here to make these deals again.

You do realise how you come accross in replying to message's dont you ? you always seem to be telling someone they are wrong, and being a bit David Brent about it...

Yes they got £4million in a loan fee, but to add that to this is pointless isnt it. That fee was easily swallowed up last season paying our portion of his wage. I never once said we paid the full ammount, but we did pay a huge portion of it clearly. I have no idea where that came from ? but if we paid hal as was suggested in the press that's us £100k down on the year.

If, as suggested we are paying £80k a week towards his wages, then the savings you posted are way off ?

80k per week, £4.16m a year x2 = £8.3m/ £23m- £8.3 = £14.7m

The saving is onlny nominal anyway if you consider that we will replace that wage, so its not a saving it's just being moved on to another incoming player... so after all of that we still sold a top quality player for £5m...

we for cetain wont be going to napoli pointing out that they will save £5million a year, times that by three =£15 so if we give you £15m for Cavani you actually have £30m... will they ?
We aren't and the only people suggesting it have no idea about the deal and have confused themselves with the talk of Many City subsidising it.

We have just received £5m and are not paying anything out. The "subsidising" is the fact we allowed him to leave for £5m rather than the £10-12 we wanted. Is it a great deal for City? Is it fuck, but it is a lot better than could have happened and we are still £23m better off thanks to it over the next 2 years. If you still struggle with the maths then get back to me and I shall pm you the working out.

And if you don't like the way I reply, tough fucking luck, foe me if you want as I couldn't care less.

I

Right then smart arse, am i supposed to cry like a little boy now you used nasty words... grow up and get a grip... i was pointing out that you are quite abrasive to everyone almost everyone, in a quite plesant way, a way you seem unable to communicate... thats you're flaw fella, not mine...

I am only suggesting the figures reported in the public domain, now i am fully aware that they could be wrong... but unless you have other facts and figures to back up that its rubbish, then you know as much as me... so dishing out the know nothing line is a silly as its childish. If you have other figures fair enough, but show them eh.. that might work.

I do not struggle with the maths as i understand the figures you put ot, but its all spun very well, almost like you work in a PA dept or something...

Common sense would dictate that any saving on wages will instantly be taken up with the incoming player/s. will it not ?

Common sense will also dictate that we will pay a hefty fee for said player/s

So the saving of £23 million will never exist will it ? since it will be taken in wages and new fee's it will go as a loss... since the £5million will not cover any fee for any of the suggested incomming transfers other than Sinclair...

Now im sure if you are an accountant as you say that will make perfect sense... you rob peter to pay paul, to coin a phrase. If we make a new signing it most certain wont see a £23m saving will it.

As an addage to the little backpatting session.... if he plays or not ? how do you account that exactly as a saving ? would we have lost and extra £23m if he stayed, or will it still cost that ammount to get someone in....

creative thinking gets you around a lot, but not that a wage subsidy and a poor fee is a bad deal for us

SWP's back said:
Rammy Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Yes, a plyer we may use to play football for us. Novel I know, but it is an idea being floated about.

Sometimes it's just not worth wasting the time typing a post....

;-)
exactly
does sniff not understand that the best thing to have are players the manager will play?

I am glad he is gone " finally", and hopefully the club will learn from this expensive lesson.

Come on chaps, lets stop bickering.

Ade has gone.

We should all be happy.

Posted on the MUEN comments pages.

I would assume it's correct?

For all those rags who do not understand football finances, only debt let me explain.
We will believe all the figures in the press just to make it easy.
Adebayor was bought for £24m on a five year contract, amortised over five years his book value is £4.8m per year. So he is now 'worth' £9.6m on the books. His wages at £165k per week are £8.58m per year, so £17.16m for the remainder of his contract.
Total cost to City £27.76m.
We are now going to pay £85k per week for 2 years £8.84m, less £5m fee, net cost £3.34m.
Total saving £23.42m!!!
We are run by business men who make savings not fill their own pockets.

squirtyflower said:
SWP's back said:
Rammy Blue said:
Sometimes it's just not worth wasting the time typing a post....

;-)
exactly
does sniff not understand that the best thing to have are players the manager will play?

Geee i hope so..

But if anyone thinks thats the point then you're being a little silly... we got a £5million fee.... thats it, its poor.... dont bullshit yourselves saying actually we saved £23m if you include his wages...

well, not unless you are going to say Aguero cost, what ? £60 ? because we need to count his wages too

sniff said:
Right then smart arse, am i supposed to cry like a little boy now you used nasty words... grow up and get a grip... i was pointing out that you are quite abrasive to everyone almost everyone, in a quite plesant way, a way you seem unable to communicate... thats you're flaw fella, not mine...

I am only suggesting the figures reported in the public domain, now i am fully aware that they could be wrong... but unless you have other facts and figures to back up that its rubbish, then you know as much as me... so dishing out the know nothing line is a silly as its childish. If you have other figures fair enough, but show them eh.. that might work.

I do not struggle with the maths as i understand the figures you put ot, but its all spun very well, almost like you work in a PA dept or something...

Common sense would dictate that any saving on wages will instantly be taken up with the incoming player/s. will it not ?

So the saving of £23 million will never exist will it ? since it will be taken in wages and new fee's it will go as a loss... since the £5million will not cover any fee for any of the suggested incomming transfers other than Sinclair...

Now im sure if you are an accountant as you say that will make perfect sense... you rob peter to pay paul, to coin a phrase. If we make a new signing it most certain wont see a £23m saving will it.

As an addage to the little backpatting session.... if he plays or not ? how do you account that exactly as a saving ? would we have lost and extra £23m if he stayed, or will it still cost that ammount to get someone in....

creative thinking gets you around a lot, but not that a wage subsidy and a poor fee is a bad deal for us

Are you being serious or on the wum?

Rammy Blue said:
sniff said:

Are you being serious or on the wum?

Come on then mensa... pick the argument apart rather than a two word comment.

You see i made a point, you havent... so what do you think we saved or got out of the deal ? if you are to ridicule my point id think you would have one too.

sniff said:
squirtyflower said:
SWP's back said:

Geee i hope so..

But if anyone thinks thats the point then you're being a little silly... we got a £5million fee.... thats it, its poor.... dont bullshit yourselves saying actually we saved £23m if you include his wages...
the silly bit is imaging for one minute i care about the finance involved
that's for the club to worry about

all i am able to grasp with my uneducated brain is that city have got rid of a player they have clearly not wanted near the place for over a year and half, that makes good sense
gee, did i get it right?

sniff said:
squirtyflower said:
SWP's back said:

Geee i hope so..

well, not unless you are going to say Aguero cost, what ? £60 ? because we need to count his wages too

Wages have to be taken into account,thats the whole point of making a gross saving on the remainder of his contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.