Adebayor gone (& we aren't paying his wages)

Re: Adebayor gone (Official)

Ray78 said:
Damanino said:
I bet Levy will be able to get 10+ fee for him if they decide to sell Adebayor.

Selling old Corluka for 5m, getting Adebayor for 4-5 m. They also get 9m for Dawson from QPR.

If he carries on what he did at both us and Arsenal, then Spurs will be lucky to get rid of him. Even Real Madrid did not sign him after his loan spell.

I am surprised that none of this has occurred to Spurs, in spite of the fact that they had an entire season to discover his attitude issues and his limitations as a player.

We wrote off his contract in last years books anyway, right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought one of the reasons our loss was so humongous last year was because of the one-off write-off's we put in the books to Adebayor, Bellamy, and RSC. Anyone?

Andouble said:
We wrote off his contract in last years books anyway, right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought one of the reasons our loss was so humongous last year was because of the one-off write-off's we put in the books to Adebayor, Bellamy, and RSC. Anyone?
Yep you are correct. It's fairly simple. The books will actually show a profit on the deal.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm --<br /><br />
sniff said:
oakiecokie said:
sniff said:
Geee i hope so..

But if anyone thinks thats the point then you're being a little silly... we got a £5million fee.... thats it, its poor.... dont bullshit yourselves saying actually we saved £23m if you include his wages...

well, not unless you are going to say Aguero cost, what ? £60 ? because we need to count his wages too

Wages have to be taken into account,thats the whole point of making a gross saving on the remainder of his contract.

Finaly some one willing to be reasonable, who'd have thunk it would take so long... you guys take to the high horse to easily...

Yeah mate i understand that wages need to be taken into account and do not for one second doubt that in any way that will take £14 ish million off the books, for a while.. IF as is suggested in the only source we have at the moment, we are paying some towards his wage. so the £5m takes that back to £23. so either way we havent taken a fee, or we have susidised his wage ?

Now the wage saving is nominal given we replace him with another player, another player on about the same wage. So the wage saving is wiped out.

But then we have to pay a fee to bring the new guy in, other clubs wont be so polite and give them to us, so we pay £25-30m est... according to the accountant at the end of the year we are £30m down.

Now in not getting into the argument if Ade was good enough for us or not... but its not a good use of an asset.

SWP... like ive said in the past, i dont really give a crap if you like it or not.... and no matter what ITK accountant, or stadium staff you know, i understand having a relative high up at the stadium myself, that they do not know the in's and outs of deals....

but you are missing the simple fact, anyone who leaves is being replaced with someone else... take the £15m, ammortation and wipe it out withing a few week's... Its not a saving it's juggling the cash for a short period... a short perios where our fee's are not lessened. It certainly wont be a saving at the end of the finacial year will it ?

Im happy to be wrong, and talk about it... But dont use ITK accountants as a source of fact, certainly when you deride others opinion as stupid on that basis...
Oh ffs, I've already answered all of that. I couldn't give a fuck if you believe it or not. It's the truth.

Andouble said:

You might say that we "corrected" the value of Ade, RSC and Bridge in our books.
Adding something like £35m in extra losses.

We basically frontloaded as many losses that we could last year.

He never asked for a transfer and under most contracts that will trigger a loyalty bonus. From what ive read in here he received a £5m signing on fee to subsidise his lower weekly wage. That wouldnt cover any loyalty bonus, not at £5m anyway. I reckon we paid this loyalty fee as we had to under the terms of his contract. Just a guess.

SWP's back said:
Yep you are correct. It's fairly simple. The books will actually show a profit on the deal.

SheikhMansour_1111791a.jpg

Pam said:
Ray78 said:
Damanino said:
I bet Levy will be able to get 10+ fee for him if they decide to sell Adebayor.

Selling old Corluka for 5m, getting Adebayor for 4-5 m. They also get 9m for Dawson from QPR.

If he carries on what he did at both us and Arsenal, then Spurs will be lucky to get rid of him. Even Real Madrid did not sign him after his loan spell.

I am surprised that none of this has occurred to Spurs, in spite of the fact that they had an entire season to discover his attitude issues and his limitations as a player.

They already had a taster of it last season when they were discussing about making the deal permanent. A test for AVB already. Nevermind it isn't our problem anymore.

SWP's back said:
Andouble said:
Yep you are correct. It's fairly simple. The books will actually show a profit on the deal.

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:09 pm --

sniff said:
oakiecokie said:
Wages have to be taken into account,thats the whole point of making a gross saving on the remainder of his contract.

Finaly some one willing to be reasonable, who'd have thunk it would take so long... you guys take to the high horse to easily...

Yeah mate i understand that wages need to be taken into account and do not for one second doubt that in any way that will take £14 ish million off the books, for a while.. IF as is suggested in the only source we have at the moment, we are paying some towards his wage. so the £5m takes that back to £23. so either way we havent taken a fee, or we have susidised his wage ?

Now the wage saving is nominal given we replace him with another player, another player on about the same wage. So the wage saving is wiped out.

But then we have to pay a fee to bring the new guy in, other clubs wont be so polite and give them to us, so we pay £25-30m est... according to the accountant at the end of the year we are £30m down.

Now in not getting into the argument if Ade was good enough for us or not... but its not a good use of an asset.

SWP... like ive said in the past, i dont really give a crap if you like it or not.... and no matter what ITK accountant, or stadium staff you know, i understand having a relative high up at the stadium myself, that they do not know the in's and outs of deals....

but you are missing the simple fact, anyone who leaves is being replaced with someone else... take the £15m, ammortation and wipe it out withing a few week's... Its not a saving it's juggling the cash for a short period... a short perios where our fee's are not lessened. It certainly wont be a saving at the end of the finacial year will it ?

Im happy to be wrong, and talk about it... But dont use ITK accountants as a source of fact, certainly when you deride others opinion as stupid on that basis...
Oh ffs, I've already answered all of that. I couldn't give a fuck if you believe it or not. It's the truth.

You havent though have you !!!

What happens to that saving when he is replaced ? It's simple enough.... will it not show as a loss when the othe club has the cheek to as for a fee ? if yuou also accept the replacement will be paid at some point ?

We've been robbed, but the chapter is finally closed and that has to be the best for all concerned. Just why oh why couldn't Ade shape up for the good times that lay ahead for us rather than take the easy option of loan deals at clubs who if they really wanted him would have put their money where their mouths were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.