Adebayor has done nothing wrong....

shaiomarali said:
thats the lying angle mate. that angle made it look like ade was static and awaiting for persie to be stomped at.

the other angle which followed the dynamism of both players' movements is on 0:10 - 0:11

this angle showed three things, among others:

1). ade was moving forward. forward movement demands forward steps. imagine him moving backward, is it possible?
2). it was not a stamp. ade was not waiting for persie's head to pass and stamp him like shown by 0:04. it was a follow through toe from 1).
3). persie's head moved. 0:04 didn't show it well. 0:10-0:11 showed both foot and head moved toward each other, resulting in a common accident known as a 'collision'.

I agree if he really wanted to stamp he would have, to repeat what he did catching him with a stud would be nearly impossible at that speed.

shaiomarali said:
thats the lying angle mate. that angle made it look like ade was static and awaiting for persie to be stomped at.

the other angle which followed the dynamism of both players' movements is on 0:10 - 0:11

1). ade was moving forward. forward movement demands forward steps. imagine him moving backward, is it possible?
2). it was not a stamp. ade was not waiting for persie's head to pass and stamp him like shown by 0:04. it was a follow through toe from 1).
3). persie's head moved. 0:04 didn't show it well. 0:10-0:11 showed both foot and head moved toward each other, resulting in a common accident known as a 'collision'.

I'm sure the experts at the FA will decide this one mate. I'm used to looking at video evidence, albeit in a past job. And in my opinion, it doesn't look good. I hope i'm wrong. I don't think they will make their decision on the contact with his face.

paphos-mcfc said:
shaiomarali said:

I'm sure the experts at the FA will decide this one mate. I'm used to looking at video evidence, albeit in a past job.

Experts!!! Are you taking the piss?

paphos-mcfc said:
shaiomarali said:

I'm sure the experts at the FA will decide this one mate. I'm used to looking at video evidence, albeit in a past job. And in my opinion, it doesn't look good. I hope i'm wrong.

Masterchef?

the point im trying to make is this.

there are two angles to the incident, BUT only the first angle is being used by many to come to a conclusion.

however, the two angles contradict. the front angle made the illusion that ade's leg came downwards. hence, dubbed the 'stamp'.
the side angle, which followed the movement of both players contradicts this. ade's leg infact came frontwards like a step. there was however a possible stamp action but that was after the foot hit the face, forcing the awkward stamp which around this time was definitely not intended for persie's fingers.

i take the second part of the vid and now put the first one as irrelevant, much like how a photo taken from the front of a 100m sprint finish line would make it look as if everyone's on the same speed.

shaiomarali said:
the point im trying to make is this.

there are two angles to the incident, BUT only the first angle is being used by many to come to a conclusion.

however, the two angles contradict. the front angle made the illusion that ade's leg came downwards. hence, dubbed the 'stamp'.
the side angle, which followed the movement of both players contradicts this. ade's leg infact came frontwards like a step. there was however a possible stamp action but that was after the foot hit the face, forcing the awkward stamp which around this time was definitely not intended for persie's fingers.

i take the second part of the vid and now put the first one as irrelevant, much like how a photo taken from the front of a 100m sprint finish line would make it look as if everyone's on the same speed.

The first angle will be used for this reason mate. As they will probably dismiss the angle from where the ref was standing. (that's why the FA are carrying on with the investigation.)

I agree, the initial contact was an accident and couldn't have been helped, but the follow through from the first angle looks at that time to have some kind of intention to it.

i would settle if they would stop calling it a 'stamp' as it was obviously derived from the first angle.

the worse they can call it is a ' toe kick' which is more aptly put IF it was intentional. and judging from the momentum, there is a big doubt of it being intentional.

anyone who refers to it as a stamp and clearly swears by it has not seen the footage well enough. shows how gullible one would be. i too was caught up with the media furor of it being called a stamp and, self-fulfilling prophecy, saw it as a stamp.

how surprised i was to have found out that it was not even close to a stamp.

dref619 said:
Ahh city against the world

I LOVE IT !

Hughes could use this to his advantage, the old siege menatlity is called for, great stuff!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.