Adebayor has done nothing wrong....

shaiomarali said:
paphosmcfc,

again dont look at the stomp. dont eat the bait.

look at the other leg and imagine persie's head sliding under the other one. and look at ade's head before he hits persie, his eyes, head and neck was looking towards the ball.

if i were to stamp someone i would make sure i see that i get him. however, this is not the case. it was more of his trailing toes raking persie.

the worst thing that the media has done is to use the word 'stamp'

using your vid, 0:10-0:11

first it was not a stamp, the contact was a trailing toepoke.

second, the moment the toe moved forward, the moment persie's head moved backwards to look at ade. it was an accident. ade's toe didnt look for persie's head. persie's head was just in the way.

My point is mate, not what I think of it, or you for that matter, but the sudden, sharp ( and unecessary ) movement of his right leg. They'll be looking at that. Agree with the media brandishing it a stamp is out of order, but his leg movement will be the main factor IMO.

without tinted glass, regarding the alleged stamp, ade has my vote of innocence.

i hope the FA looks at the footage carefully. surely its almost impossible for ade's big foot to avoid anything that was there, whether it be van persie or something else.

Van Pussy is an utter twat.

To come out and say such things is pathetic and simply ironic. He states Adebayor set out to injure him, yet he made the potentially leg breaking tackle.

At the end of the day this is all happening because we tubbed them and look like we could upset the 'top 4'

You cant prove ANY intent on Adebayors part. It was dangerous play by van Persie, his head shouldn't have been down there in the first place.

People look at slow motion and it looks worse than it is, he would have to be Jet Li to purposefully kick van Persies face, when he's just been kicked four foot up in the air and off balance.

The referee was 3 yards from the tackle and didnt feel it warranted stopping the game, there is no way he can say he didnt see it.

There is a section of the video about 4 secs in, just as the ball disappears behind Stevie, at that exact moment, Adebayor is looking down and his right leg comes down sharply. if you look carefully, he does in fact catch VP's hand.

I think this will be enough intent for them to ban him. I hope not.

sam the drummer said:
Also if he had set out to injure V Persie, Van Persie wouldnt have walked off the pitch at the end would he you thick shit.

I hate him.

I didn't say he set out to injure him. You said that not me. Read my posts.

thats the lying angle mate. that angle made it look like ade was static and awaiting for persie to be stomped at.

the other angle which followed the dynamism of both players' movements is on 0:10 - 0:11

this angle showed three things, among others:

1). ade was moving forward. forward movement demands forward steps. imagine him moving backward, is it possible?
2). it was not a stamp. ade was not waiting for persie's head to pass and stamp him like shown by 0:04. it was a follow through toe from 1).
3). persie's head moved. 0:04 didn't show it well. 0:10-0:11 showed both foot and head moved toward each other, resulting in a common accident known as a 'collision'.

for arsenal fans, the 0:02 to 0:05 is the best GIF to make and loop all over.

for us blues, its 0:00 to 0:02 and also 0:09 to 0:12 that would show a different story.

which is why most of the gifs being thrown in the internet is the first version.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.