Adebayor has done nothing wrong....

great to see genuine passion despte the cash they earn if they are all up for it we can possibly win the thing this year.
What a replacement for the injured 60 million quids worth bellamy and de jong are if the rags play on sunday like they did against the arse we can turn them over.
Keep the faith and remember York away 2-1 in the bad old days

I think Ade's tackle on Fabregas was a worse tackle, I agree that slow mo makes the "stamp" look worse, if anything I felt he was going for van persils hand, but as most on here say, only Ade really knows.
He's going to get a ban though, no doubt. I just hope City appeal and get him free for the rags game, then if he has to serve a ban RSC should be able to come in for him.
Did you see Linekear taking the piss out of Shearer on MOTD, refering to kicking someone in the face . Shearer did it and got clean away ( Muzzy Izzet I think), but, I hate to say this but he's white and was the England captain at the time.
With the crowd thing, why did we have a major police investigation when people called Sol Campbell a poof, but it's OK to throw bananas at Ade? Someone should investigate how much he was provoked, but they won't , will they?
One thing, at least Ade didn't come out with that "I could celebrate in front of my old fans crap".
THis will only work to bring the players closer together, create a "No on likes us" attitude.
We're breaking their comfy little top 4 shite and they are very scared.

emmanueladebayor20090914chair_412x232.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor is adamant he is not deserving of a ban despite the FA pledging to investigate his controversial behaviour during Manchester City's 4-2 victory over Arsenal on Saturday afternoon.

The striker, who joined City from Arsenal for £25m over the summer, infuriated his former fans when scoring with a header and sprinting the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of them, sparking angry scenes amongst the visiting support. Missiles were thrown onto the pitch and a steward required medical treatment.

Adebayor also angered former team-mate Robin van Persie when appearing to stamp on his opponent, with the Dutchman releasing a statement following the game which accused the City striker of "mindless and malicious" behaviour.

It is expected that Adebayor will be charged with violent conduct as a result of the Van Persie incident and the FA could also impose an additional punishment for the nature of his celebration. But Adebayor, who has apologised on both counts, is hoping to avoid punishment.

"I don't know what I have done wrong to get banned," Adebayor told the Sun. "I have not heard the police or FA want to talk to me. The club have not said anything.

"I heard that a steward was injured and I regret that. I have apologised to Robin van Persie.

"It was silly to run up in front of the Arsenal fans. But these people have been insulting me all game. Even in the warm-up they were insulting me. They were saying things that are not nice to hear, personal things.

"I didn't plan it, not at all. I didn't even know that I would score. The way things were going from the warm-up, at the end it came into my head.

"I would like to apologise to the steward for what happened, why not?"

Greater Manchester police have blamed Adebayor for the chain of events that led to a steward being knocked unconscious.

"The player's goal celebration caused the opposition fans to be aggravated and there was a crowd surge," a police spokesman said. "One of the objects that were thrown caught a steward and knocked him out. It's the decision of the club, the ground security and the FA now whether they want to take the incident any further, but it must have been quite horrific for all the stewards at the time."

kiam06 said:
RoqueSantaBoozeCruz said:
How old are you? Maybe as I'm nearly 40, I can see when we've done something bad and not use those rose tinted glasses.

Anyway, we have a squad now and it'll get the other players fired up for the rags.

I just think you had your head in the NOTW and Sunday Mirror yesterday and have taken all the bull shit, for a 40 year old to do that is pretty sad.
I don't do newspapers but I attend games.

Less of the insults please.

I cringed when he ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Arsenal fans but technically he has done nothing wrong and in my opinion should not have even been booked!

The fact that he was booked might be a good thing as the referee obviously saw it and took the necessary action!

Ade did not gesture to the away fans he did not swear (like Van Persie) at them or leave the pitch!

To compare the incident to the forest lad blattently waving a corner flag at the derby fans is outrageous!

Dont think he should receive any further punishment for this! Other players have celebrated in front of the away fans and not been punished! e.g. Rooney!

As for the stamp, not sure, dont think he went for the face but might have gone for his hand! But again the ref was right there and I cant see how he can say he didnt see anything!

Rooney nearly decapitated that Chelsea player last year and got off scot free!

My original fear was a three match ban max!

The way the media etc have stirred things up I think he might be liucky to get away with a three match ban and the FA might make an example of him!

Can we appeal so that he can play in the derby match and then Santa Cruz will hopefully be fit whilst he servers his ban!

stonerblue said:
I'm with you on the behavoiur of the Arsenal fans.

This is a quote from the BBC.

'It later emerged that a match steward needed hospital treatment after being hit by a flying object in the wake of Adebayor's goal celebration.
A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "The steward received a head injury from a flying object which appeared to have been thrown from the direction of the away end.'

so it looks like Ade' gets the blame for that too.

Greater Manc Police have pretty much said as much....as you can see below.....

"The police yesterday condemned Adebayor for the behaviour that sparked a melee behind the City goal and resulted in one steward being knocked unconscious.

"A player in a goal celebration caused the opposition fans to be aggravated. There was a crowd surge. An object has been thrown and caught a steward and knocked him out. We have not arrested anyone for that," a spokesman said.

"It's down to the club, ground security and the FA whether they want to take the incident any further. It must have been horrific for the stewards at the time.

"It was not the player throwing the missile but the fans were reacting to him. Arsenal fans were throwing the missiles but it was a Manchester City player doing the celebrating."

so basically yes its Ade's fault....watta bunch of fucking jobsworths!

"The player's goal celebration caused the opposition fans to be aggravated and there was a crowd surge," a police spokesman said. "One of the objects that were thrown caught a steward and knocked him out. It's the decision of the club, the ground security and the FA now whether they want to take the incident any further, but it must have been quite horrific for all the stewards at the time."

Don't really thing GMP is blaming Adebayor just stating the events how the happened. No one can make anyone do anything maybe unless at gun point or black mail. Adebayor was doing neither and definitely doesn't have control over fans. Everyone is response for their own actions. Of course the media will put their spin on it. Love how media sometimes quotes one or two words out of statements to prove their point.

shaiomarali said:
emmanueladebayor20090914chair_412x232.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor is adamant he is not deserving of a ban despite the FA pledging to investigate his controversial behaviour during Manchester City's 4-2 victory over Arsenal on Saturday afternoon.

The striker, who joined City from Arsenal for £25m over the summer, infuriated his former fans when scoring with a header and sprinting the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of them, sparking angry scenes amongst the visiting support. Missiles were thrown onto the pitch and a steward required medical treatment.

Adebayor also angered former team-mate Robin van Persie when appearing to stamp on his opponent, with the Dutchman releasing a statement following the game which accused the City striker of "mindless and malicious" behaviour.

It is expected that Adebayor will be charged with violent conduct as a result of the Van Persie incident and the FA could also impose an additional punishment for the nature of his celebration. But Adebayor, who has apologised on both counts, is hoping to avoid punishment.

"I don't know what I have done wrong to get banned," Adebayor told the Sun. "I have not heard the police or FA want to talk to me. The club have not said anything.

"I heard that a steward was injured and I regret that. I have apologised to Robin van Persie.

"It was silly to run up in front of the Arsenal fans. But these people have been insulting me all game. Even in the warm-up they were insulting me. They were saying things that are not nice to hear, personal things.

"I didn't plan it, not at all. I didn't even know that I would score. The way things were going from the warm-up, at the end it came into my head.

"I would like to apologise to the steward for what happened, why not?"

Greater Manchester police have blamed Adebayor for the chain of events that led to a steward being knocked unconscious.

HORRIFIC ? Ok Ade's celebration was daft but what would have happened if he was our corner taker, they would have still been chucking things at him. Unfortunately in this country NO ONE will ever deal with the real trouble makers, Ade didn't make them bring bananas to throw, did he. I guess they wern't all deserate to have their 5 a day fruit portions so there was premeditated trouble plannedby the arse fans, someone should look into that.

Can say SWP's goal caused fans to celebrate doesn't mean its SWP fault how people react to the goal.

RoqueSantaBoozeCruz said:
kiam06 said:
I just think you had your head in the NOTW and Sunday Mirror yesterday and have taken all the bull shit, for a 40 year old to do that is pretty sad.
I don't do newspapers but I attend games.

Less of the insults please.

I can't find any insults there sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.