Adebayor (merged)

smiles said:
The Doctor said:
Rammy Blue said:
smiles said:
He's got a great goal scoring record, but after having a pint with a gooner mate of mine I'm a bit concerned. Apparently his attitude stinks as does his work rate. A v unpopular player both in the dressing room and in the stands and also did some v inappropriate media interviews too. Could this guy be trouble??

I know what you're thinking, my mate is slagging him off cause he's leaving etc etc, but he's not that type of fan. He was just happy for the club to have the money to buy some new players.

i'm sure that 12 months ago you would have got a different story though, it seems he should have left then and by staying he has tarnished his standing with the gooner fans.

IF he's trouble we'll flirt him and get somebody else!

Surely better to not go there in the first place?!

Why? He's a quality player & top goalscorer. We've got money to burn, if he doesnt get off his arse there are now plenty queing up behind him to replace him.

smiles said:
The Doctor said:
Rammy Blue said:
smiles said:
He's got a great goal scoring record, but after having a pint with a gooner mate of mine I'm a bit concerned. Apparently his attitude stinks as does his work rate. A v unpopular player both in the dressing room and in the stands and also did some v inappropriate media interviews too. Could this guy be trouble??

I know what you're thinking, my mate is slagging him off cause he's leaving etc etc, but he's not that type of fan. He was just happy for the club to have the money to buy some new players.

i'm sure that 12 months ago you would have got a different story though, it seems he should have left then and by staying he has tarnished his standing with the gooner fans.

IF he's trouble we'll flirt him and get somebody else!

Surely better to not go there in the first place?!
Makes no difference. If he comes in and does a job great, if not, we have enough people to do the job while he get splinters in his arse. Don't think he will behave like he did at the gunners as this s the move he's been after. We will see, personally think he Is the type of forward we need to complete an really strong forward line. Only other players of his type are Drogba and Eto'o who have the same type of reputation too. Could be a good move.

You have to remember that Arsenal fans were giving him a lot of shit over a year back when he was seemingly inviting offers for him or a big contract improvement. Rightly so as we've doen the same with Sturridge, but from that point on Adebayor appeared to just take a "fuck you" attitude to the fans and they have responded in kind.

I have no doubt though that a driven and motivated Adebayor is a quality player. If Hughes can get that out of him then he is worth the £20M.

Surely better to not go there in the first place?![/quote]

Why? He's a quality player & top goalscorer. We've got money to burn, if he doesnt get off his arse there are now plenty queing up behind him to replace him.[/quote]

I agree he's a top player, but no club in their right mind (newcastle), would sign a player knowing he's trouble, this is professional football afterall. I think the attitude in bold just plain stinks, and if the club took that view we'd be the laughing stock of football.

Why don't people just relax and enjoy this amazing time to be a City fan?
Hughes is brilliant at man management and he won't take any rubbish from players,... Give Ade a new beginning and he might just bag 20-30 goals this season...

I think he is just the player we have been lacking for a few seasons now,an out and out and reliable goal hanger/scorer

the--dud said:
Hughes is brilliant at man management and he won't take any rubbish from players,... Give Ade a new beginning and he might just bag 20-30 goals this season...

100 percent agree with this. It refers to all players not just ade.

the--dud said:
^^^THIS^^^

bookiesgirl said:
robinho can be trouble but we all love him

v true. In fact it's because the club were so soft on him last season signing players like adebayor who have a bad rep worries me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.