Adebayor (merged)

C_T_I_D said:
mrksdawn19 said:
Blue Indian said:
At the press conference today in Abu Dhabi, Hughes was questionned about Adebayor and other potential signing and he said...

"We are talking to some players...and are looking to make sure the balance of the team is correct," Hughes said. "We do recognise the need to strengthen in certain areas."

Now that to me shows, Adebayor isn't the only player we are in advanced talks with!!! Good news!!
Is it only me, or is it a bit suspicious that Barry is in Abu Dhabi, but club captain Dunney isn't?

But next seasons club captain is in USA at the moment!! :p
Hope you are right, but if JT doesnt sign then I think Barry will get the captains armband

mrksdawn19 said:
Blue Indian said:
At the press conference today in Abu Dhabi, Hughes was questionned about Adebayor and other potential signing and he said...

"We are talking to some players...and are looking to make sure the balance of the team is correct," Hughes said. "We do recognise the need to strengthen in certain areas."

Now that to me shows, Adebayor isn't the only player we are in advanced talks with!!! Good news!!
Is it only me, or is it a bit suspicious that Barry is in Abu Dhabi, but club captain Dunney isn't?

I read some poster on 606 who reckoned Ireland's going to be the new club captain. He is in Abu Dhabi but as much as I love Stevie Ireland I can't really see him being vocal enough to be a captain, it may well be rubbish anyway. But like you said interesting Dunney's not there

Right i am going to say something here.

Adebayor will be a man city player soon. So stop moaning and listening to these rag papers spouting bullshit. Also Ade has got the desire to win despite what the Arsenal fans say.

What are arsenal going to do ? They have forced him out of the door by boing him on the pitch and they just dont realise that if they sell him then they dont have any strikers who can do what he can i.e in the air holding the ball up etc.... and they will be trusting bentdner to do his job which he will simply not be able to do.

So chill out and just let it all happen :)

I suspect that this is all about money.

We are the only bidders so are in a strong position as he clearly wants out.

He will have seen the stupid figures being banded around the press of what we are paying/are prepared to pay players.

I reckon we've offered him a lower figure than he wants and so his agents are trying to drum up another bidder. I don't know if there will be one, though.

This doesn't make him greedy or a handful or not worth signing. It's what all players and agents do to get the best deal.

don't get me wrong i think Ade is a good player, i remember those goals against spuds and villareal in particular. However, people have questioned his attitude, and imo i don't see why we would need to buy him when we have RSC, probably for marketing purposes in SA

Bonol said:
Adebayor stalled on Wednesday after getting his work-permit. Maybe we knew before hand that he had asked for more time. He might have said all along that he'd come and get the permit but he wanted until the weekend to decide.

Whats to decide, no one else wants him. Bad signing in my book, i would get the kid Hunterlaar at least their is a chance he will improve, or leave our forward line as it is and move onto our real problem the defence.

Huntelaar is older than Adebayor.

Forzacitizens said:
don't get me wrong i think Ade is a good player, i remember those goals against spuds and villareal in particular. However, people have questioned his attitude, and imo i don't see why we would need to buy him when we have RSC, probably for marketing purposes in SA

What if RSC got injured? We'd be left with a load of midgets.

We need another, bigger striker. I hope it's Adebayor.

if hes dragging his feet then fuck him off. good player but if eto'o got told to piss off so should ade

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.