Adebayor (merged)

Bluemoon115 said:
If Hughes says things are at an advanced stage, then they are at an advanced stage.

Normally it's just the little things at this point that hold a deal up. remember, he never mentioned Eto'o, just suggested it, so we must be pretty damn close.

Yeah that's exactly what I just wrote, and was just alluding to mate.

Which means that a fee has been agreed, but there is now a problem completing the deal...

Which must lay at Adebayor's door.

ono said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Can I just make one point regarding this Adebayor dragging his heels thing. It appeared on one publications website last night, then every other newspaper added that story.

Sound familliar?

"Craig Bellamy goes on strike" was the last time that happened.

Don't read the papers, don't trust the papers on anything. At all. Never. Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever.
I'm not forming my opinion solely on a newspaper article mate.

It appears (with or without reading any articles) that Adebayor is dragging his heels. He was granted a work permit, and looked nailed on, yet he hasn't even had his medical yet!

City wanted this one done as quickly as possible for the pre-season tour of South Africa, if he wasn't draggin his heels it would have been completed by now.

That's why I believe he's looking elsewhere.
It's a £22m transfer deal. It's dragged on a day longer than we expected. The hold up could be in part down to us travelling to South Africa.

Transfers aren't concluded in an instant, they take time. Things need to be sorted out. The Premier League/FA need to ratify things and paperwork needs to be completed.

Adebayor can fly out and join up with the squad. It's no problem, he probably wouldn't take part in every friendly anyway. He's moving 180 odd miles so there are plenty of things to sort out before he boards a plane to another continent. I'd leave it a tad longer before we start with the 'he can fuck right off' posts.

What surprises me the most about this is the failure by certain people to learn from the protracted nature of the Tevez deal. The media bent over backwards to read trouble into that even though they knew how complicated that deal was. It's the same with the bullshit headline this morning whereby the media take one peice of information (i.e he hasn't signed yet but he got his work permit yesterday) and read into that that he is stalling. Excuse my French but of course he isn't fucking stalling. You could just as easily say the club is stalling. It would be a guess, either way. Same thing with John Terry posing in a new Chelski shirt and that being taken to mean he is staying. It actually says the opposite to me since it was a perfect opportunity for Terry to announce his intention to stay and he didn't take it. Ditto the theory that Terry's presence on the Chelski US tour means the deal is of. What bullshit. They have telephones and faxes and aeroplanes in America, FFS. It isn't as if if a player has to be present to conclude a deal. Gareth Barry was with England when we signed him and we sent a team out to do the medical where he was.

This is pathetic.

*singingtheblues* said:
Bluemoon115 said:
If Hughes says things are at an advanced stage, then they are at an advanced stage.

Normally it's just the little things at this point that hold a deal up. remember, he never mentioned Eto'o, just suggested it, so we must be pretty damn close.

Yeah that's exactly what I just wrote, and was just alluding to mate.

Which means that a fee has been agreed, but there is now a problem completing the deal...

Which must lay at Adebayor's door.

Just heard Hughes making the remarks referred to earlier in the thread. Nothing sinister. Says the deal is well advanced and he is delighted with the way the window is going. I also think he genuinely feels the Terry deal remains a very strong possibility.

The media just want a negative headline and so, as usual, they are twisting stuff and taking the piss.

Pam said:
Just heard Hughes making the remarks referred to earlier in the thread. Nothing sinister. Says the deal is well advanced and he is delighted with the way the window is going.

Where? Is the press conference or audio anywhere?

don't need another week trying to pander to a player who's relatively similar to what we already have... a player who doesn't even want to come, a player who is immensely selfish and has an awful attitude.

He's not worth the trouble; RSC wants to play for us and is determined to be a success, whereas Adebayor's attitude couldn't be more different.

I can't take another drawn out saga pandering to another prima donna, if we're prepared to do that all over again, we should have saved ourselves the effort and put all our weight behind the Eto'o transfer.

Really not keen on this transfer now.

This delay is reportedly down to him waiting for another club, so he can avoid playing for us.

Do we need a player like that?

Adebayor can get fucked.[/quote]

Let me get this right. You don't want Adebayor as he has a bit of an attitude, he is hoping another club comes in for him and the transfer is becoming drawn out.

Yet you think we should have put all our effort into signing Eto'o, a player who exemplifies pretty much everything you've stated as the reasons you don't want Adebayor?[/quote]

Dont even start trying to apply logic,common-sense and rational thinking to this post,mate.
Everything about it is contradictory nonsense.
But,apparently,we're all entitled to an opinion.
Even when it is clearly wrong.[/quote]

He can throw around all the patronising dismissals all he wants...

He picked the on wrong poster here.

He even tried to pigeonhole me earlier!

Who the fuck do you think you are NF?

You've picked the wrong poster to pick out and attempt to ridicule.

****.[/quote]

I think you have me mixed up with someone who gives a fuck what you think.
I don't need to ridicule you.
You do a great job without any outside help.[/quote]

Fetlocks
Isn't that another name for the fat around a horses arse[suits you sir]

AND WILL YOU FECKOFF back to off topic with the children

I would agree with all that, spanish, but I honestly can't see the player stalling and the question marks about his attitude and abilities would make him want to accelerate things, not slow them down. Listen to City about it, not some rag tabloid's negative and snidey conclusions. They just love to imply that City struggle to attract players from the likes of Arsenal in spite of our untold wealth and unlimited ambition. It is complete bollocks. Open your minds.

Our outlook is Ade-barn-door is having second thoughts about agreeing the deal that is on the table! Us Gunners want this finished as much as you we have already moved on, Just accept the £150k Ade for all of us!

Dillon said:
Pam said:
Just heard Hughes making the remarks referred to earlier in the thread. Nothing sinister. Says the deal is well advanced and he is delighted with the way the window is going.

Where? Is the press conference or audio anywhere?

I heard this on key 103 news earlier on. And it was seemed like a quote from today as when asked about Terry he said to be fair he wants to concentrate on presenting the players he has there. Meaning the players he took to meet Sheik.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.