Adebayor (merged)

I know its not about adebayor but SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS : Bacon face says he wont spend any more money this transfer window PMSL ;) haahaaahhaahahahahahahahhaahhaahahhaahhaahahah

Carlos Tevez - Roque Santa Cruz - Samuel Eto'o - Robinho - Emmanuel Adebayor! Sell the rest nothing against Craig Bellamy, Valeri Bojinov but if Samuel Eto and Adebayor are both available get them both and sacrifice the old City :D.

C_T_I_D said:
I know I'll get slated for this but I'd choose Adebayor over Eto'o purely because Samuel may take a significant settling in period having played the significant majority (if not all) his career in La Liga. Adebayor would not require this at all.

I don't understand this argument because when we sign a player from another Premier league club people will they they need to settle in to new surroundings and playing with new team mates and a new style of play anyway.

blueboyforever said:
oafc dave said:
ok. It looks City are talking to Ade and hope to push it through. Now, if the following happened together tonight or tmr:

(1) Arsenal informed City the fee has been agreed and City can talk to Ade immediately.
(2) Barca called Cook to inform the Eto'o thing has finally reached compromise, and Eto'o are also called and said he desperately wants to come here. They both pray for City to do a deal.

Then, what will you choose:
(i) Ade
(ii) Eto'o
(iii) None of them
(iv) Both of them
eto'o defo but adebayor isn't a bad 2nd choice.

Agreed

BlueMark said:
Rammy Blue said:
oafc dave said:
ok. It looks City are talking to Ade and hope to push it through. Now, if the following happened together tonight or tmr:

(1) Arsenal informed City the fee has been agreed and City can talk to Ade immediately.
(2) Barca called Cook to inform the Eto'o thing has finally reached compromise, and Eto'o are also called and said he desperately wants to come here. They both pray for City to do a deal.

(i) Ade
(ii) Eto'o
(iii) None of them
(iv) Both of them

iv

agreed mate, we are clearly going for it next season so we need a squad, not just a first XI that will compete, mind you losing both to African Nations would hit us... what a tough position to be in hey !! lol

Guess we'll just have to put up with that Robinho fella, and Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz for the time being then eh? What a shame.... ;-)

Re: Adebayor!

Adebayor i think will be a good signing, but, and here we go.

He is exactly the same type of player that Jo is. Ok he is Prem tried and tested, but why not give Jo the experience he needs?

rice10 said:
stublue76 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Blue Coop said:
So overrated. Doesn't even excite me.

Well,speaking as someone who can remember competing with the likes of Port Vale to get free-transfer rejects 20 years ago,he excites the living fuck out of me.
What parallel universe are some of you living in?
"If he ain't Villa,he ain't good enough for us?"
Jesus wept - what kind of fans are we attracting nowadays?
Well said.

20 years ago? more like 2 years ago!!

Exactly. 2 years ago we had a pre-season friendly at Doncaster and in front of us were the strikers practicing their shooting before kick off. If I remember right we had Corradi, Mpenza, Samaras, Vassell, and Miller twatting balls all over the place except for the goal (apolgies if I've missed any other greats out)! It was truly terrible/hilarious to watch. Bianchi was on the bench watching and we signed Gelson Fernandes that day (not a striker but goes to show where we've come from). So for me Adebayor, Tevez and Robinho with back-ups of RSC Bellamy, Bojinov and SWP is pretty good!

C_T_I_D said:
BlueMark said:
Rammy Blue said:
oafc dave said:

(i) Ade
(ii) Eto'o
(iii) None of them
(iv) Both of them

iv

agreed mate, we are clearly going for it next season so we need a squad, not just a first XI that will compete, mind you losing both to African Nations would hit us... what a tough position to be in hey !! lol

Guess we'll just have to put up with that Robinho fella, and Tevez and Roque Santa Cruz for the time being then eh? What a shame.... ;-)

He plays for Togo right? Surely they're not all that good so will be probably get knocked out fairly soon anyway ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.