Adebayor (merged)

neil jung said:
Here's the interview...

Agent: It's in the balance because a lot of it happened very quickly last weekend without the player's real knowledge because he was on his way back to join Arsenal for pre-season training.

He had an extended time away, he was in Togo so I think to come back and find out effectively that, you know, you've been sold or sold in principle it's taken him time to reconcile himself with leaving Arsenal.

Leaving Arsenal's not an easy thing to do so it's not so much about Manchester City, it's about leaving Arsenal and he's, you know, the deal basically has been done. Everything's been agreed, he's got a work permit.

I think he wants to take a little bit of time out just to make sure it's the right thing for him.

Danny Kelly: What do you think the timetable for that decision might be?

Agent: Well Manchester City have been very patient of course.

Danny Kelly
: Well they really want the player don't they?

Agent: Well they want the player and in an ideal world they would like him to have gone with the rest of the team to South Africa on Tuesday or Wednesday morning but I think that was a little bit hopeful given all that had to be done.

So I suppose now that that time frame has gone away we would hope something would happen this weekend.

Danny Kelly: And this is not about waiting for any other player to sign or anything like that is it, this is purely about Adebayor trying to work out what's best for him?

Agent: No there's no other players involved in this, there's no other clubs involved in this but of course football being football the longer it goes on anything could happen but it's not a matter of that.

There's no-one else involved. He's just, err, it's difficult. You reconcile yourself to feel as though you're in control of your own career all the time and then certain things happen.

You know he should take it as a big compliment, as indeed he has - there's so much going on at Manchester City. I think he probably thought that if he was going to leave Arsenal it would probably be for the continent.

So, it's a long term contract, it's a big commitment and he's got to go into it in the right frame of mind, absolutely committed and, you know, hopefully he will but we'll soon find out.

i think this actually reads pretty positive.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about whether or not Adebayor signs for us?

I mean if he does... ok, cool... but I do not want him to sign just because he is forced.
So if he doesn't want to, fair enough, I hope we pull out before this gets embarassing.

avoidconfusion said:
Am I the only one who doesn't care about whether or not Adebayor signs for us?

I mean if he does... ok, cool... but I do not want him to sign just because he is forced.
So if he doesn't want to, fair enough, I hope we pull out before this gets embarassing.

yes and we will do IF it were to get embarassing.
look at eto'o and kaka.

neil jung said:
Here's the interview...

Agent: It's in the balance because a lot of it happened very quickly last weekend without the player's real knowledge because he was on his way back to join Arsenal for pre-season training.

He had an extended time away, he was in Togo so I think to come back and find out effectively that, you know, you've been sold or sold in principle it's taken him time to reconcile himself with leaving Arsenal.

Leaving Arsenal's not an easy thing to do so it's not so much about Manchester City, it's about leaving Arsenal and he's, you know, the deal basically has been done. Everything's been agreed, he's got a work permit.

I think he wants to take a little bit of time out just to make sure it's the right thing for him.

Danny Kelly

Agent: Well they want the player and in an ideal world they would like him to have gone with the rest of the team to South Africa on Tuesday or Wednesday morning but I think that was a little bit hopeful given all that had to be done.

So I suppose now that that time frame has gone away we would hope something would happen this weekend.

Danny Kelly: And this is not about waiting for any other player to sign or anything like that is it, this is purely about Adebayor trying to work out what's best for him?

Agent: No there's no other players involved in this, there's no other clubs involved in this but of course football being football the longer it goes on anything could happen but it's not a matter of that.

There's no-one else involved. He's just, err, it's difficult. You reconcile yourself to feel as though you're in control of your own career all the time and then certain things happen.

You know he should take it as a big compliment, as indeed he has - there's so much going on at Manchester City. I think he probably thought that if he was going to leave Arsenal it would probably be for the continent.

So, it's a long term contract, it's a big commitment and he's got to go into it in the right frame of mind, absolutely committed and, you know, hopefully he will but we'll soon find out.

If thats the true intrepretation of the interview then thats fair enough!

The move has happened quickly and I for one would rather he took time out to digest the scenario and make the right deceision.

In other words join city!

moomba said:
My reading of the interview (presuming it was the same one I heard) was that he's having second thoughts.

Everything all came up fairly quick, and now he's left with the decision if City is a good place for him to work for the next 4-5 years.

Like most people, he might even still see City as a 10th placed club (thanks Hughes) not worthy of players like him. But given a bit of time I'm sure he'll see the potential here and I expect he'll sign over the weekend.

I heard it in exactly the same way, Its a shame from an instant point of view that Cook, Hughes etc... arent here to talk to him face to face but in the long run, if he signs we will get a player that has thought it through without having his arm twisted. So that can only be good for us.

bluepeter62 said:
Dillon said:
Pam said:
Yes he is pissed because of how quickly it has happened and that he had no idea they wanted him out.

Really good point, bluepeter. Hadn't occured to me 'til you mentioned it but if my employer suddenly decided to negotiate a completely new job for me for a completely different organisation in a completely different part of the country and then changed my P45 to that effect, I might make them wait a bit myself.

Football is bloody ridiculous.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
neil jung said:
Here's the interview...

Danny Kelly

If thats the true intrepretation of the interview then thats fair enough!

The move has happened quickly and I for one would rather he took time out to digest the scenario and make the right deceision.

In other words join city!

exactly !

stavros said:
so there has been an interview that could have been interpreted in more than one way then?
and some of us decide to flap. well dillon take the facts into consideration:
. work permit in MANCHESTER agreed
. fee and personal terms agreed.
. no statement from city ending our interest.
. no other clubs involoved

and ITK'S have stated they expect it to be done sooner rather than later.

Point taken except for no other clubs. That doesn't matter at this moment as more clubs could come in now. The agent basically invited it with this interview. I don't think City will be happy and I believe we will pull the plug if it drags longer than Monday.

Pam said:
Cheer up Dillon.

stavros said:
Pam said:
The WUM that is Dillon.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&author=dillon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&author=dillon</a>

huge WUM.
some of the things he has said are bordering ridiculous and possibly the most negative person on the forum along with £50 guy

I saw the original post ;) I'm really not a WUM. Look beyond my posts tonight and I've been very positive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.