Adebayor (merged)

Dillon said:
svennis pennis said:
Its a shame from an instant point of view that Cook, Hughes etc... arent here to talk to him face to face but in the long run, if he signs we will get a player that has thought it through without having his arm twisted. So that can only be good for us.

I agree on both points.

I hope Cooke not being there doesn't cost us (not his fault of course) but I think having him and Hughes talk to Ade personally to sell the club would really have helped in this deal. Maybe take Tevez with them!

And I agree that if we do get him he can still be a mega player despite his cold feet now. He's entitled to take time, I don't begrudge him at all.

cold feet?
FFS hes having to make a huge huge decision mate.
most players at least would mull the decision over for a few days, and are completely entitled to do so.
maybe he agreed contract and work permit etc so that if and when he did decide to join us that he would do so and that would be it .i.e. get all the awkward stuff out the way and then decide .
rather than decide first and then have to go through permit and negotiations after.
at the end of the day we are all guessing but to me anyway things are looking good in this deal

bluepeter62 said:
Stop lying mate!! You are seriously pissing me off now!!

His agent (if he is his agent) didn't invite anyone, just gave out the facts has he knew them.

I'm not lying, I was simply putting my interpretation of the interview across. It doesn't sound like it was a popular one.

Anyway, I appreciate I'm annoying people in the same way as people were annoying me earlier so I'll try and chill.

The Fixer said:
I thought most deals are done with contacting the players agent first to gauge how the player would feel about a move? here we seem to of just gone straight to Arsenal.

The proper way is to ask the club for permission to speak to the player. They won't do that without an agreed fee first normally.

moomba said:
My reading of the interview (presuming it was the same one I heard) was that he's having second thoughts.

Everything all came up fairly quick, and now he's left with the decision if City is a good place for him to work for the next 4-5 years.

Like most people, he might even still see City as a 10th placed club (thanks Hughes) not worthy of players like him. But given a bit of time I'm sure he'll see the potential here and I expect he'll sign over the weekend.
Same here, it sounds like everyone wants the deal to go through but Ade is still a bit unsure. If he's said his goodbyes this morning then it looks like he will sign in all probability but on the other hand his agent didn't sound too convincing.

There's no-one else involved. He's just, err, it's difficult. You reconcile yourself to feel as though you're in control of your own career all the time and then certain things happen.

You know he should take it as a big compliment, as indeed he has - there's so much going on at Manchester City.

This makes me feel Arsenal have agreed to sell him without really consulting him and Ade is a bit gutted about it. I guess we'll see over the weekend but i'm not as hopeful

Will people stop buying the Chelski are going to hijack every deal media line.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/359250/CHELSEA-BID-FOR-CARLOS-TEVEZ-Carlo-Ancelotti-aims-to-hijack-Manchester-City-bid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3 ... y-bid.html</a>

(And there's plenty more where that came from).

GIVE IT A REST.

Dillon said:
The Fixer said:
I thought most deals are done with contacting the players agent first to gauge how the player would feel about a move? here we seem to of just gone straight to Arsenal.

The proper way is to ask the club for permission to speak to the player. They won't do that without an agreed fee first normally.

John Terry??

stavros said:
Dillon said:
I agree on both points.

I hope Cooke not being there doesn't cost us (not his fault of course) but I think having him and Hughes talk to Ade personally to sell the club would really have helped in this deal. Maybe take Tevez with them!

And I agree that if we do get him he can still be a mega player despite his cold feet now. He's entitled to take time, I don't begrudge him at all.

cold feet?
most players at least would mull the decision over for a few days, and are completely entitled to do so.
maybe he agreed contract and work permit etc so that if and when he did decide to join us that he would do so and that would be it .i.e. get all the awkward stuff out the way and then decide .
rather than decide first and then have to go through permit and negotiations after.
at the end of the day we are all guessing but to me anyway things are looking good in this deal

spot on mate... people seem to forget tevez had 6 months to think about our offer.

Dillon said:
bluepeter62 said:
Stop lying mate!! You are seriously pissing me off now!!

His agent (if he is his agent) didn't invite anyone, just gave out the facts has he knew them.

I'm not lying, I was simply putting my interpretation of the interview across. It doesn't sound like it was a popular one.

Anyway, I appreciate I'm annoying people in the same way as people were annoying me earlier so I'll try and chill.

That's the problem! It's your interpretation, instead of the facts!

You keep repeating Chelski when they haven't been linked with him in any way (oh and don't put that shit link to the Mail up).

Yeah he isn't falling over himself to come to us, but everything has happened so quick, so he wants time to think. Just like I have said previously I believe he may be making Arsenal sweat and making a point that it his decision to join us, if he actually does.

Pam said:
Will people stop buying the Chelski are going to hijack every deal media line.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/359250/CHELSEA-BID-FOR-CARLOS-TEVEZ-Carlo-Ancelotti-aims-to-hijack-Manchester-City-bid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/3 ... y-bid.html</a>

(And there's plenty more where that came from).

GIVE IT A REST.
It's lazy journos, they think seem to think that us and chelsea are secretly the same club just because we're both rich clubs.

bizzbo said:
i actually agreed with moomba's post almost in it's entirety. The fact that we finished 10th is unfortunate, but,really, we don't if it's playing on people's minds or not. We seem to be doing a very good job of selling our prospects in the coming season.

And some people might like to consider that Adebayor was not our first choice. So we can hardly complain if we might not be his.

I think it's entirely reasonable and proper for the guy to take his time in deciding, as long as it doesn't drag on for another week. I know I would do the same if I had an offer to leave my place of work, and I know I wouldn't drop my interest in someone I was hiring under the same circumstances.

stavros said:
cold feet?

100% agree, believe me I'm the one who's backed Ade taking his time. I'm not annoyed about that at all. I'm annoyed that it looks like he won't sign IMO and the way I'm reading the situation.

So to reiterate, I have no problem with him taking his time over such a big decision it's just that the way I read what his agent (or whatever he was) said I don't think it looks good for city.

I'm not blaming anyone for that. Just a fan who was really excited at getting Ade.

Read back through the thread and it might make more sense but I've not slagged Ade once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.