Adebayor (merged)

*singingtheblues* said:
I'd be happy if we signed Adebayor, he's a quality player. However...

We shouldn't really be after another striker unless that striker is "world-class" otherwise it isn't worth the hassle, and it'll just create disharmony within the dressing room. Adebayor, (as good a player as he is) doesn't differ that much from what we already have, and comes with his fair share of baggage;

He has a questionable attitude

Is regarded as "lazy"

Said himself he doesn't like paying upfront on his own

Is a similar player to RSC

And according to SSN his chance to conversion ratio is a measly 18%

Now I'd be happy if we signed him, but I dont buy the whole "look at where we've come from, don't you remember Samaras?" argument.

We're a completely different side with completely different ambitions to the one we were 3 years ago, and we should target players accordingly. I think we're more than adequately covered up front, if we sign Adebayor it'll just create trouble within the ranks - trouble which IMO wouldn't be worth it... the only player who'd be worth that potential trouble is Eto'o.

Any less and we should just count ourselves lucky and leave well alone.

Yes couldnt agree more. I just cant understand why go for a player like Eto who as everyone agrees is world class too look at somebody such as Adebayor. Just doesnt make sense. Not disputing Adebayor isnt a good player but is he capable of constantly scoring 25 goals a season.

Rammy Blue said:
BlueBoy85 said:
i cba reading all of these pages, but doesnt anyone think that adebayor and RSC upfront away would be very effective?

could play them toegther in a 442 - with a mid of Barry, Kompany, De Jong and Zab (if a game where no fancy dan's are required....)

also when chasing a game to have those 2 up top would be fantastic.

WHAT?!?!?

So no SWP, Ireland, Robinho or Tevez?

Where's your supply?!?!?!?

The Fat el Hombre said:
BlueBoy85 said:
i cba reading all of these pages, but doesnt anyone think that adebayor and RSC upfront away would be very effective?

Not really mate I'd rather pair either of them with Boj or Bellamy (if we were to play 2 up front)

RSC, Bojinov, Bellamy and Adebayor made about 30 appearances between them last season. MH is taking risks.

Didsbury Dave said:
BlueBoy85 said:

Only one would play

I disagree DD. We all know how poor Robbie was on the road. Are we (comically) in a position to rest Robinho against the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Burnley (ie the more physical teams)

And choose from RSC Tevez Bellamy and Adebayour. Maybe 2 target men if needs must.

Combos of these 4/5 strikers is frightening. Ireland could be top assist in the prem next year!

Yes couldnt agree more. I just cant understand why go for a player like Eto who as everyone agrees is world class too look at somebody such as Adebayor. Just doesnt make sense. Not disputing Adebayor isnt a good player but is he capable of 25 goals a season

Its because he's a premiership proven (a big must for MH), but also because he's a famous African player and City want to become big in Africa.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
BlueBoy85 said:

could play them toegther in a 442 - with a mid of Barry, Kompany, De Jong and Zab (if a game where no fancy dan's are required....)

WHAT?!?!?

as i stated "if no fancy dan's required" - could not be much clearer?

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
BlueBoy85 said:

WHAT?!?!?

LOL Rammy when i said about these 2 upfront, i wasnt implying a "BOOT IT!" tactic.

Didsbury Dave said:
Rammy Blue said:
BlueBoy85 said:

WHAT?!?!?

easy...given plays long balls up to the front two, who play head tennis between themselves until one gets a clear sight of goal.

Vitek said:
Wenger wont sell Adebayor too City.FACT

Piss off Rag - all your comments are anti-city and highly annoying.

What do you know sitting there in Lithuania anyway? Surprised you have electricity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.