Adebayor (merged)

Didsbury Dave said:
ALERT - THIS IS A CONSPIRACY THEORY AND HAS NO BASIS IN FACT

It would be decent kudos for Arsenal to keep one of their big players even though they, and he, are being offered big bucks. It would reassure their nervous fans that the players believe in them and that they are not a selling club.

City and Arsenal have agreed this to increase the pressure on Barca who are shitting themselves as they have no buyer for Eto'o and need the money for Villa.

People need to stop using the word "Kudos".

*singingtheblues* said:
I'd be happy if we signed Adebayor, he's a quality player. However...

We shouldn't really be after another striker unless that striker is "world-class" otherwise it isn't worth the hassle, and it'll just create disharmony within the dressing room. Adebayor, (as good a player as he is) doesn't differ that much from what we already have, and comes with his fair share of baggage;

He has a questionable attitude

Is regarded as "lazy"

Said himself he doesn't like paying upfront on his own

Is a similar player to RSC

And according to SSN his chance to conversion ratio is a measly 18%

Now I'd be happy if we signed him, but I dont buy the whole "look at where we've come from, don't you remember Samaras?" argument.

We're a completely different side with completely different ambitions to the one we were 3 years ago, and we should target players accordingly. I think we're more than adequately covered up front, if we sign Adebayor it'll just create trouble within the ranks - trouble which IMO wouldn't be worth it... the only player who'd be worth that potential trouble is Eto'o.

Any less and we should just count ourselves lucky and leave well alone.

Bit of a sweeping statement that. Is there some kind of guarantee that Eto'o would settle in immediately and start banging the goals in, or is it more prudent to buy a Prem tested player who knows the league inside out?

Swings and roundabouts...

i cba reading all of these pages, but doesnt anyone think that adebayor and RSC upfront away would be very effective?

BlueBoy85 said:
i cba reading all of these pages, but doesnt anyone think that adebayor and RSC upfront away would be very effective?

Not really mate I'd rather pair either of them with Boj or Bellamy (if we were to play 2 up front)

BlueBoy85 said:

could play them toegther in a 442 - with a mid of Barry, Kompany, De Jong and Zab (if a game where no fancy dan's are required....)

also when chasing a game to have those 2 up top would be fantastic.

dannyboy91uk said:
Fanzone Danny said:
Daz_Blue said:
GIVEN

NEDUM TERRY KOMPANY (when fit) LESCOTT

IRELAND DEJONG BARRY

TEVEZ ADEBAYOR ROBINHO

SUBS

TAYLOR MICAH BRIDGE ZAB RSC BOJINOV SWP

Shit no room for ELANO BELLAMY JOHNSON DUNNE WEISS PETROV

If we get Terry, Lescott on top of Tev and Ade then top 4 is a real possibility ....

Where's Neds?

Look at the RB position = Nedum

LOL so used to calling him Neds forgot he had a first name! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.