Adebayor (merged)

C_T_I_D said:
The power of Paul said:
now we have the financial backing we could go for better than Adebayor. If he was so good do you think Wenger would be willing to sell? Hes had one good season and thats it.

We've tried for bigger players than Adebayor (Kaká / Eto'o) and failed realistically. Adebayor is a big player but not one that is too big that we cannot attract them to the club at the stage in the project we're currently at.

I think some people forget that we finished 10th last season and already we've taken the heart of the midfield out of a team that finished 6th and if we sign him then it's the line leader of a 4th placed club. If that's not impressive then I don't know what is in terms of our ability to attract top talent to our football club.

It's not so many seasons ago that you should forget we once had Samaras and Corradi up front in a blue shirt. People should e thankful for the takeover and the significantly improved calibre of player we're going to sign and be able to attract in the future.

I think you're wasting your time with this one....head full of pudding if you ask me

johnmc said:
The power of Paul said:
now we have the financial backing we could go for better than Adebayor. If he was so good do you think Wenger would be willing to sell? Hes had one good season and thats it.

Shut up!!! Just shut up!!! Who is better?? Torres? Well thats not gonna happen. Eto'o - we have tried. Drogba? Won't happen and too old. Ibra? Not gonna happen, would cost three times as much and is older (i think). Who is better that is realistic??????

exactly john. some people are being totally ridiculous about this. he would be a top addition and if you were to name the top 10 LONE centre forwards he would probably be in it would he not? eto'o is a top striker but not a lone striker. i think adebayor fits the bill well.

Re: Adebayor!

dont understand how anyone could be dissapointed with this hes scored a lot of goals for arsenal and he wasnt playing with robinho and ( possibly ) tevez beside him. and he can head the ball which is a plus.

Why are we getting so excited over such an lazy one-season wonder?

Even the Arsenal fans don't rate him and think they are mugging us with this transfers

Last year he had a ratio close to a goal every 3 games, which isn't anywhere near good enough for a 20 mill striker...

tommcfc said:
exactly john. some people are being totally ridiculous about this. he would be a top addition and if you were to name the top 10 LONE centre forwards he would probably be in it would he not? eto'o is a top striker but not a lone striker. i think adebayor fits the bill well.

He is arguably in the best 10 regardless of whether they play as a lone striker or not.

He is not as good as Eto or Torres - no one would argue he is. But he is in the league just below them. And as hard as it is for some to reslise this, we have tried to get the best, we HAVE bid for Eto Kaka and Torres. Its too early for us to get them but we tried. So now on to the players just below them of which Ade is one of.

ill stick my neck on the line here and say...

if we do sign adebayor, i reckon he will be the leading goal scorer in the league next season!
will be a better player for us than Eto'o too!

i really hope this comes off, he would be an absolute star for us!

dont understand how anyone could be dissapointed with this hes scored a lot of goals for arsenal and he wasnt playing with robinho and ( possibly ) tevez beside him. and he can head the ball which is a plus.

I can't wait to watch city play, with players of this quality joining us we're going to be playing some great footballl.

Rushton121 said:
TFC said:
Rushton121 said:
would have him any day but makes signing santa cruz pointless

Daft statement mate, its a squad game these days, the more class we have in the squad, the better chance we have of success.

not really a daft statement....i'd just rather we didnt go spending £18 million on "squad" players.

i think everyone on the board is agreed that if Santa Cruz stays fit he will do a good job for us, the question has to be IF !!!!!!

In Adebyor we have a similar type of player who will challenge RSC for that front role, absolutely no problem at all with this as it gives us competition for places and will stop compacency. next season everyone needs to earn thier corn or they will be out of the team quicker than they can believe.

we are building a quality squad.

will be a great signing if true.

Rushton121 said:
TFC said:
Rushton121 said:
would have him any day but makes signing santa cruz pointless

Daft statement mate, its a squad game these days, the more class we have in the squad, the better chance we have of success.

not really a daft statement....i'd just rather we didnt go spending £18 million on "squad" players.

is a daft statement coz it is a squad game, for example when adebayor goes to the african nations cup, you happy to play benjani or caicedo while he is away? or you prefer to have RSC then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.