Adebayor (merged)

bluebean said:
ill stick my neck on the line here and say...

if we do sign adebayor, i reckon he will be the leading goal scorer in the league next season!
will be a better player for us than Eto'o too!

i really hope this comes off, he would be an absolute star for us!

have you just got home from the Pub?

how we can complain about taking the main striker off the hands of the team we are the most likely to catch in the big 4 is beyond me.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Ade is very talented but inconsistent in some games with effort.Honestly I can see where people are coming from here..I like him but I'd take a fit Santa Cruz over him in terms of fitting into our system.

How do you know our system for the coming season then?

Just asking..

Re: Adebayor!

Unknown_Genius said:
tpot said:
I honestly think this is also to do with the African tour, That is why we were trying to sign Etto, We are trying to sign a top African player to Big us up in that part of the world, Only my opinion.

What, make us big in Togo?

so et,oo would have only made us big in cameroon!!!!!??????>>> FFS....THINK!!!!!!!.....

Thought I'd add my two cents to the discussion.

Some people are questioning why we would go for Adebayor when we could go with someone 'better' like Eto'o, Drogba or Fabiano.

My answer would be that Adebayor could be a better bet because people forget he's only 25. That's nearly 4 years younger than the others I just mentioned. If he improves as he should do he could be BETTER than Eto'o in a few years. Would rather hand him a 4-5 year deal than someone pushing 29.

Granted he didn't have the best of seasons this year but he still scored 10 goals in 21 starts in the prem and another 7 goals in 7 games in the champions league.

I suspect his poor form last season may be the result of a growing dissatisfaction with Arsenal who let's face it seem less likely than us to win a trophy in the next few years unless they get some MAJOR investment. A new challenge with a new manager who will probably have the steel to motivate him might be just what he needs - Wenger has always struck me as a bit of a soft touch.

Re: Adebayor!

riley347 said:
Unknown_Genius said:
tpot said:
I honestly think this is also to do with the African tour, That is why we were trying to sign Etto, We are trying to sign a top African player to Big us up in that part of the world, Only my opinion.

What, make us big in Togo?

so et,oo would have only made us big in cameroon!!!!!??????>>> FFS....THINK!!!!!!!.....

^^^this^^^
every1 is so quick to be a sarcy bast4rd it's untrue!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.