Adebayor (merged)

Just Tevez!! that is a big coup in statement terms but i really dont think he is going to prepel you guy!! Terry is in a league above all of those, if you get him you can get anybody, he is the only one in that list that actually loves his club[/quote]

i think u are forgetting that tevez pretty much single handedly kept west ham in the prem a couple of seasons ago. now surround that talent with other quality then we have ourselves somethin quite interesting.

arsenal dj. come back when u have learnt a bit about football u child. oh and i forgot............ bugger off home to the gooners forum

Ok judging by my name, you can all assume I'm a gooner.

I've been following this thread for a bit and seen quite a few decent comments and some fantastic inside info that I read on Sunday night and it came true on Monday morning so there's obviously people in the know around here.

Opinion of Adebayor is split here just like it always was for us. If you can get him to work his arse off; then yes you have got a top striker on your hands that can prove to be a handful for any club. If you can't, then you may have just inherited a donkey who'll tend to run to the left wing position to get a cross into the lump in the box... and that's when he realises he's the lump he needs to cross to.

I guess you'll be lucky that his best mate lives in London (the bloke who I feel corrupted him) and Ade won't be spending much time with that fool anymore.

I've always had a soft spot for the Citeh bunch and have always had a friendly chat with some of your fans when you come down to us and I've always felt a mutual respect.

As for ArsenalDJ. F*ck off and stop being a WUM you child.

However, some of the comments coming out from the others show no humility at all. "We'll buy you lot and burn you down" etc. Sounds more like what the Chavs fans became which is why they became so hated.

Don't let the money go to your heads and become like the Chav fans. Keep you humility or it'd be a shame for a bunch of nice fans to become like the Chavs... then again you guys better brace yourselves for some JCL's coming through soon enough.

Bergkamp said:
I've always had a soft spot for the Citeh bunch and have always had a friendly chat with some of your fans when you come down to us and I've always felt a mutual respect.

However, some of the comments coming out from the others show no humility at all. "We'll buy you lot and burn you down" etc. Sounds more like what the Chavs fans became which is why they became so hated.

Aye. People should take it a bit lighter, just football after all. I enjoy a friendly banter with any other team supporters about matches and stuff and see no reason why we should disrespect anyone on merit of who they support. If they're twats, that's another thing...but no, happened to me a few times this past season - an away fan walks up to me in my sky blue shirt at piccadilly station, asking for directions to the stadium, I suggest me and my mate show the way, we have a walk and a nice prediction discussion on the way..good fun. Copenhagen fans were really nice, got me a pint for my guidance, hehe.

Bergkamp said:

I've been following this thread for a bit and seen quite a few decent comments and some fantastic inside info that I read on Sunday night and it came true on Monday morning so there's obviously people in the know around here.

Opinion of Adebayor is split here just like it always was for us. If you can get him to work his arse off; then yes you have got a top striker on your hands that can prove to be a handful for any club. If you can't, then you may have just inherited a donkey who'll tend to run to the left wing position to get a cross into the lump in the box... and that's when he realises he's the lump he needs to cross to.

I guess you'll be lucky that his best mate lives in London (the bloke who I feel corrupted him) and Ade won't be spending much time with that fool anymore.

Don't let the money go to your heads and become like the Chav fans. Keep you humility or it'd be a shame for a bunch of nice fans to become like the Chavs... then again you guys better brace yourselves for some JCL's coming through soon enough.

good post mate, and welcome........
nice to have a football brain here, not like arsenaldj. i feel the respect is also mutual and always enjoy watchin u lot. especially at our place last season. haha.

most proper fans have their heads screwed on. just enjoying all the excitement

Bergkamp said:

Sensible post. The lack of humility is probably the Youff Innit.

Bergkamp said:

Fair play mate, good post.

Bergkamp said:

Nice post mate, You've basically said what my best mate had to say about Adebayor, he is an Arsenal regular and rates him highly, when he is motivated. Who is the best mate you speak of?

Ive always liked Arsenal and would be sad if its your place in the top 4 we potentially take. Id much rather punt any of the other 3 out of those positions.

Dhenry said:
Bergkamp said:

Aye. People should take it a bit lighter, just football after all. I enjoy a friendly banter with any other team supporters about matches and stuff and see no reason why we should disrespect anyone on merit of who they support. If they're twats, that's another thing...but no, happened to me a few times this past season - an away fan walks up to me in my sky blue shirt at piccadilly station, asking for directions to the stadium, I suggest me and my mate show the way, we have a walk and a nice prediction discussion on the way..good fun. Copenhagen fans were really nice, got me a pint for my guidance, hehe.

I had a fine discussion on the tube with a bunch of Citeh fans... at the time I thought maybe Hughes wasn't good enough but the points they put forward were enlightening to me. Obviously as a Gooner I don't pay too much attention to other clubs and my opinions shouldn't really be valid but the guys I was talking to were explaining to me why my opinions were incorrect.

Bergkamp said:

Welcome aboard,mate.
Don't stress over ArsenalDJ - every forum has its share.
Ours more than most,as you will doubtless notice if you stick around!

Bergkamp said:

Nice bit of insight there mate, and thanks for the compliments.

While you're here... I've been told, and I've read that Adebayor cannot and will not play upfront on his own...

Is there any truth to this?

And is he effective upfront on his own?

Cheers mate, stick around it's always interesting to hear from literate rival fans!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.