Adebayor (Merged)

bluemanc said:
bizzbo said:
this is the saddest thread I can remember. fifteen year olds spouting off at someone who has just been shot at, who has just witnessed people dying in front of his eyes, for wearing the wrong top

what a bunch of wankers. thanks for ruining my mood. just when things look better than ever for us, when I thought, this is the best it's ever been to be a city fan, you lot go an pull a stunt like this.
These 2 posts sum up the way i feel & i'll bet some fuckin gobshite has e-mailed/phoned City complaining.
Some truly horrible "human beings"infest this site these days they really do.

Its done with now. Ade has felt the need to explain, however he really didn't have too. I would like to think those who slated him feel some kind of embarrassment. If they do, fair play to them. Ade has given his explanation now, and wore a city shirt just to make those who frowned upon him, (whilst in his hour of need), happy. Maybe now he can be left alone to do/wear what he likes and go through the process of grieving, a process which will take a lot of time, given the circumstances.

Pigeonho said:
bluemanc said:
These 2 posts sum up the way i feel & i'll bet some fuckin gobshite has e-mailed/phoned City complaining.
Some truly horrible "human beings"infest this site these days they really do.

Its done with now. Ade has felt the need to explain, however he really didn't have too. I would like to think those who slated him feel some kind of embarrassment. If they do, fair play to them. Ade has given his explanation now, and wore a city shirt just to make those who frowned upon him, (whilst in his hour of need), happy. Maybe now he can be left alone to do/wear what he likes and go through the process of grieving, a process which will take a lot of time, given the circumstances.

Or maybe someone at the club has got in touch and asked him what the fuck he was thinking wearing a Arsenal top?

Now lets all allow him to get over this in his own time, just not in tops of Premier league rivals ;-)

Bossman Blue said:
scottyboi said:
Least we no now its all good.
Im sorry ade what was we meant to think.

It would have been better if you had stopped to think.

Will people stop saying shit like that its getting boring now lol it was my view and I stood by that.

blueinsa said:
Pigeonho said:

Or maybe someone at the club has got in touch and asked him what the fuck he was thinking wearing a Arsenal top?

Now lets all allow him to get over this in his own time, just not in tops of Premier league rivals ;-)

It wouldn't suprise me if some has got in touch with him, but I really hope they haven't, however so's more ripping each other apart doesn't go on, on here, just leave it be. I agree totall with your last line though.

Pigeonho said:
blueinsa said:

It wouldn't suprise me if some has got in touch with him, but I really hope they haven't, however so's more ripping each other apart doesn't go on, on here, just leave it be. I agree totall with your last line though.

No ripping mate, just debate and it is exactly what this site is for.

blueinsa said:
Pigeonho said:

No ripping mate, just debate and it is exactly what this site is for.

Indeed, enjoyable it is too! My feathers do feel slightly torn up though at the minute. ;-)

What I think may be beneficial is for one of us to create a 'messages of support' thread for Adebayor. Forget the t-shirt saga, standing by our player is more important than his choice of clothing at the moment.

I think it would say more about us if we posted messages of support and messages of condolence to not only Adebayor but also members of the Togo national team, those that were sadly lost due to this sheer act of brutality and the families and friends that will suffer as a result of their losses.

Can people not see that this is not about anything other than our strikers mental and physical health after what he's been through? Can't people see that this is when he needs his supporters most? Come on ladies and gents, we are City, lets give him the backing he deserves right or wrong. This is bigger than an explanation of his wardrobe choice, this is life and death.

Feel free to tell me to get off my high horse etc. I don't give a shit. I care about Adebayor, I think he needs our messages of support and to know that we're with him 100% of the way and that we look forward to supporting him on his return. Surely we can agree on this?

mcfc_ok1988 said:
Anyone that thought we were signing a loyal player in Adebayor is extremely dillusional. He is the sort of player that is concerned about himself only. Fortunately for us that means, that when he plays for city, his overwheming care for himself means that he will perform to the best of his ability, and because he one of our most talented players is gunna put the ball away. At no point has he shown any loyalty to our club. The focus has always been on his fall out with Arsenal. Him running towards the Arsenal fans when he scored showed no sign of loyalty towards us but emphasised how he still hadn't got over his vendetta with Arsenal.

You can't use the excuse that hes traumatised at all im afraid. Anyone with any sense or wanting to at least give an impression of loyalty would have decided to wear something else.

Like I said he's not loyal to anyone but himself, he's very lazy but very talented and as long as he's scoring goals I'm satisfied. Still doesn't stop him being a pr**k though!

Fuck off!

I had abit of a pop at Ade before but im man enough to take back my word and appologise. I think i was harsh and didnt lookat every aspect of it.

scottyboi said:
Bossman Blue said:
[/color]

It would have been better if you had stopped to think.

Will people stop saying shit like that its getting boring now lol it was my view and I stood by that.

It’s not shit its an attempt to prevent the same lack of judgment in the future. It’s a simple process: -

See a City player in another team’s shirt. Two possible reactions out of many
1 total outrage leading to ridicules claims and demands.
2 Thought processes - why has he got that shirt on? What are the options? He did not have another one, he wanted to kick City in the teeth, he was forced to wear it, he wanted to show sympathy for some one. And probably many more options but when analysed the one that shows less credibility than any others is that he wanted to get at City. It took me 2 minutes to type this, and a lot less time to go through the process of thinking.

Try it next time instead of engaging the hate button.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.