Adebayor {merged}

Re: Adebayor

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Damocles said:
You'd have a point if Jo actually played up front at all,

No - Ade can play in the same position Jo has been trying to play in - so my point still stands.

and even then, only a miniscule one borne out of the fact that you don't know what the situation with Adebayor was.

Irrelevant. He didn't play him - that is the issue. However Ade behaved - that's assuming he did behave badly - he still would be a better player than Jo on the pitch. And the pitch is where it matters - not the training ground.

Remember his hatrick in the Euro game? He showed what he could do on the pitch. What happened next? Didn't get a game again.

And the fact that a manager can't get on with his players - Ade, Carlos, Bellamy, doesn't say much for his man management skills, does it?

I think it says a lot about his single mindedness and resolve that players either shape up or ship out. He's the boss, it's not a fucking kibbutz ffs

Re: Ade, Ade, Adeee

Looks like he's hungry to score again.

Can't believe we got rid of him, might come back to haunt us.

Re: Adebayor

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
No - Ade can play in the same position Jo has been trying to play in - so my point still stands.

Irrelevant. He didn't play him - that is the issue. However Ade behaved - that's assuming he did behave badly - he still would be a better player than Jo on the pitch. And the pitch is where it matters - not the training ground.

Remember his hatrick in the Euro game? He showed what he could do on the pitch. What happened next? Didn't get a game again.

And the fact that a manager can't get on with his players - Ade, Carlos, Bellamy, doesn't say much for his man management skills, does it?

I think it says a lot about his single mindedness and resolve that players either shape up or ship out. He's the boss, it's not a fucking kibbutz ffs

And Jo has 'shaped up'?!!!

Bellamy was one of our best players last season. He certainly 'shaped up'.

And Ade, while being a inconsistent, certainly 'shaped up' in his last game for us. He scored a hatrick. (Think that was his last game)

LOL, you're having a laugh, mate.

I'll see your "I think it says a lot about his single mindedness and resolve" and raise you a "Cutting your nose off to spite your face".

Adebayor was Drogba-esque until the Arsenal game when apparently he felt his work was done. But even after that he had a good goal ratio despite being the most frustrating footballer to ever live.

It's all about the service, if Dzeko was getting balls pinged into the box like that, we'd be tearing apart defences.

Eerily similar to that he scored for gunners @villareal.
A raking pass from Diarra similar to that of Fab.
Just too bad we have hoofers on our team

Citing my post in another thread.

blueprint said:
Seriously!
IMO most of us here are speculating or just spouting out diatribe against Ade because you have an AXE to Grind.
Ask yourself why Gunner fans (you too gooners in this forum) are really really upset with Ade's departure.
Lets not be specious in our arguments that Ade is lazy & can't be 'arsed'. Because he is not running like a headless chicken? He doesn't go for high balls or not effective when our defense keeps on hoofing the ball to him. He is poison because he argues or has issues with his teammates (Kompany for hoofing the ball, Tevez for both being selfish and greedy etc.)? That his defensive & offensive skills are average etc?
IMO his CURRENT WAGE is a Financial liability & his spat with Gunners is a SECURITY liability to those (City management) who doesn't have the bottle or stomach to realize or able to address them effectively thereby making him the current scapegoat du jour.
Now in my defense (IMO) of Ade most of us football cognoscenti are cognizant that Ade is the Real Thing bless with football skills & a proven goalscoring ability in the PL.

Did Dzeko win any high balls when we pumped the ball to him? Apparently not. Half decent CBs (especially when they worked in tandem & able to ply their dirty tricks up their sleeves especially under Weblike refereeing) will day in day out crunch out or outplay their opponent lone striker. Thats why when it happened CBs like Dunne are being effusively praised. Go figger.
In the match I see Silva been shoved away when he was trying to beat the defense by pace. Everytime Tevez has the ball they keyed on him because he is our ONLY OFFENSIVE THREAT & going to be SELFISH.
Match against Villans make me realize that we cannot rely on Tevez & Silva or even AJ to breakdown teams like Villa, Wolves at their turfs. We are tentative when we have the opportunity to counterattack. Case in point, at one point dJ had the ball on the left flank. If he had the pace he would have burnt the slowwitted Dunne & Company but then passed back which allows the opponents to consolidate & defend properly.
Its game like this where we need striker like Ade with PACE & POWER. Strikers that will expose the UNDERBELLY of defenses like Villa & bottom half teams with players like Dunne & Collins. You can betcha Dunne will have given a penalty or two by hauling players like Ade.
All we need is a player like Ade to provide one goal just like Bent did!
Ask yourself why was Ade successful with the gunners? Because he had 'ground game' players like Fab, Nasri, Denilson who could also chipped or raked in waist high or belly button passes that he can CONVERT into HIGHLIGHT goals. Could Bendtner or RVP? Thats why in one of my lucid moment I realize thats what gunners are missing to win titles.

Right now we maybe pressing our opponents in thier end for most of the match just like Gunners did on their unproductive days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.