Adebayor on strike.

Danamy said:
taconinja said:
Danamy said:
Yes it was Marwood's secretary.........

This is nothing new though, it's the same way Bellamy found out he wasn't in the 25 man squad last season.

I would like to say more but i would be in breach of Section 233 Paragraph 4 of the Bluemoon Handbook
I didn't defend that as the correct way to inform a player.

I was merely stating that what you heard was correct, nothing more........
No problem. There's been an air of testiness over this situation and I figured it was best I made sure I was being clear. :)

Dubai Blue said:
Chick Counterfly said:
I don't get the 'I'd do the same' bit. I doubt you would. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't go around criticising your employer in public, even if you had a problem. Most people handle their business face to face.
Which is kind of ironic considering this is the very issue that Adebayor has with how City have behaved.

Face to face is an expression. Wether in a meeting or informally, over the phone, in a letter, or an email, the principle is that you talk directly to the people with whom you have an issue, or where that's not possible, you go through the channels. As opposed to gossiping behind people's backs or running to the press and presenting your side to the biggest audience possible. If you do that, surely you are wholly responsible for any offence or misunderstanding. Putting aside the public criticism, the longest of Ade's interviews made it quite clear he had no intention or desire to resume his career at City. Unless he's taken steps to clarify his comments behind the scenes, perhaps not apologising, maybe just letting it be known that he wanted to play an active and full role at the club, then all of his outrage is feigned bullshit and he's just a guy who got an email containing the exact date for his return to work.

I have absolutely no problem with him being left at home to train with the reserves; he's clearly not part of our future plans and it is a lot easier for him to secure a transfer if he's not sitting on a bench on the other side of the world watching our first team playing a meaningless friendly.

BUT......there is absolutely no excuse for him being informed of this via an email from Mancini's secretary. Somebody from within the club should have sat down with him and explained the situation in person. It didn't necessarily need to be Mancini himself, but someone should have done it, be it Platt, Kidd, Marwood, or Cook. Anyone.
but not Marwood's or Mancini's secretary?

He got the email whilst he was on holiday to let him know when to return. It's hard to have a sit down with someone a thousand miles away on holiday.

I couldn't really give a shit about Adebayor's feelings, but that is how a decent employer goes about things, and you can be sure that other players will be looking at this situation and thinking "Fucking hell, that's a bit harsh". And that is definitely not something you want current or future employees to be thinking; unless, of course, you're running the mafia.

Hah, not the mafia, but football. With good reason, it's not always run the same way as a quiet office.

Danamy said:
taconinja said:
Is the bolded part accurate? I had heard it was Marwood's secretary.

This is nothing new though, it's the same way Bellamy found out he wasn't in the 25 man squad last season.

I would like to say more but i would be in breach of Section 233 Paragraph 4 of the Bluemoon Handbook

Outrageous. Clearly the club should have taken a leaf out of Ade and Craig's book and announced it via the press.

Chick Counterfly said:
Dubai Blue said:
Chick Counterfly said:
I don't get the 'I'd do the same' bit. I doubt you would. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't go around criticising your employer in public, even if you had a problem. Most people handle their business face to face.
Which is kind of ironic considering this is the very issue that Adebayor has with how City have behaved.

Face to face is an expression. Wether in a meeting or informally, over the phone, in a letter, or an email, the principle is that you talk directly to the people with whom you have an issue, or where that's not possible, you go through the channels. As opposed to gossiping behind people's backs or running to the press and presenting your side to the biggest audience possible. If you do that, surely you are wholly responsible for any offence or misunderstanding. Putting aside the public criticism, the longest of Ade's interviews made it quite clear he had no intention or desire to resume his career at City. Unless he's taken steps to clarify his comments behind the scenes, perhaps not apologising, maybe just letting it be known that he wanted to play an active and full role at the club, then all of his outrage is feigned bullshit and he's just a guy who got an email containing the exact date for his return to work.

I have absolutely no problem with him being left at home to train with the reserves; he's clearly not part of our future plans and it is a lot easier for him to secure a transfer if he's not sitting on a bench on the other side of the world watching our first team playing a meaningless friendly.

BUT......there is absolutely no excuse for him being informed of this via an email from Mancini's secretary. Somebody from within the club should have sat down with him and explained the situation in person. It didn't necessarily need to be Mancini himself, but someone should have done it, be it Platt, Kidd, Marwood, or Cook. Anyone.
but not Marwood's or Mancini's secretary?

He got the email whilst he was on holiday to let him know when to return. It's hard to have a sit down with someone a thousand miles away on holiday.

I couldn't really give a shit about Adebayor's feelings, but that is how a decent employer goes about things, and you can be sure that other players will be looking at this situation and thinking "Fucking hell, that's a bit harsh". And that is definitely not something you want current or future employees to be thinking; unless, of course, you're running the mafia.

Hah, not the mafia, but football. With good reason, it's not always run the same way as a quiet office.

Danamy said:
taconinja said:
Is the bolded part accurate? I had heard it was Marwood's secretary.

Outrageous. Clearly the club should have taken a leaf out of Ade and Craig's book and announced it via the press.

Yeah i agree it's outrageous, totally unprofessional from both sides..............

No double standards from my side of the fence Chick

Danamy said:
Yeah i agree it's outrageous, totally unprofessional from both sides..............

No double standards from my side of the fence Chick

Yeah, I know I'm treading a fine line, and I'm a little uncomfortable because we don't know the full story. But taking it all at face value, no-one at City has said a thing about Ade. They've given him the cold shoulder after countless public incidents. If you read his interviews, he pretty much is explicit that he thinks it's just a game and he has to make the right moves. It seems as if he is creating a stink in the press then implying it will all go away if they settle up quickly... which is just a bullying tactic, the sort of thing that would make this alleged cold-shoulder approach look like a mild response.

If what adebayor is saying is true, then its really poor from man city. Why not just call him over for a meeting and explain the situation face to face and move him on. There is a way to treat people and this is not the way

adebayor could have been the right striker that city needed, started well and then got lazy. i kind of understand him not turning up for training with the reseve team. slightly imbarressing! but if he goes back to madrid he will bag goals galore maybe if mancini gave him the oppotunity like mouriniho has he could have been more succesful here.

Most likely scenario

Mancini: Ade, I need you to come back from holiday early as I need to speak to you
Ade: Bugger off, I'm on holiday
Mancini: Ok, I'll tell you now on the phone. You're not wanted in the tour team but we need you to report for training on X date.
Ade: *&^&*%^, )&*^ you )(&*(*&^ *Y*^. (Runs off crying to the newspapers how City didn't have the decency to inform him face-to-face and he got a phone call saying he wasn't wanted).

He'd have bitched and whinged to the papers if he'd been granted an audience by the queen to tell him he wasn't wanted on the tour.

gooneyrovski said:
If what adebayor is saying is true, then its really poor from man city. Why not just call him over for a meeting and explain the situation face to face and move him on. There is a way to treat people and this is not the way

Yeah, we should just have forced him to see out his contract instead... that's a far fairer way to treat employees!

Let him be forced to turn out for us, even though he doesn't want to. And you think that's an appropriate way to treat professionals?

Soulboy said:
peoffrey said:
Is there anyone at Real Madrid we can get in return as part of a deal? It's a shame Aguero doesn't play for them!

Alonso... Diarra... Kaka... Gago... Pepe... Benzema... Higuain... Ronaldo...

Take your pick.

I would!

Anyone available?! I don't fancy another move for Kaka - and Ronaldo would upset some of our support on general principal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.