Adebayor on the bench?

if your picking on form ade gets in every time, scored a goal in every game he's played...

Ade and Given would be the first two picked every week. When fully fit Ade starts every game, dont care who we play. End of.

shortagain said:
We should find out Thursday that he has been fined and warned as to his future conduct. That then means he can play Monday and assuming those who played V WHU are all fit, I would not be suprised if Petrov was sat on the bench. Need workers against AV, can't have anyone in the side who is not prepared to put sweat on the shirt

the defence is that he was provoked.... <a class="postlink" href="http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_jump.html?team_id=54&story=21744" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/news_ju ... tory=21744</a>

Emmanuel Adebayor will discover tomorrow whether he is to be banned for his now-infamous goal celebration after scoring against Arsenal, his former club, earlier this month. Manchester City will submit their defence today and the Football Association hearing for a charge of improper conduct has been arranged for 24 hours later in London.

Adebayor, who has just completed a three-match suspension for his stamp on Robin van Persie in the same match, is facing another possible ban or fine after running the entire length of the pitch to goad the Arsenal fans when he had scored the third City goal in a 4-2 home victory.

The striker has issued a public apology, admitting that "emotion took over", but City's defence will state that he was reacting to extreme provocation and offensive chants from the Arsenal supporters. The club will also claim there is no consistency in the FA's disciplinary process, citing Gary Neville's goal celebration after Michael Owen had scored the winner against City for Manchester United the following weekend. Neville received an official warning from the FA and City will argue that the same should apply to Adebayor.

Lawyers acting for the club will also supply the FA with a DVD showing several other examples of players celebrating goals in front of opposition supporters without any action being taken. One is from the same match, when Van Persie made it 1-1 and ran towards the home crowd, mouthing something that led to a complaint being made to the police and the FA writing to the Arsenal striker to remind him of his responsibilities. There will also be footage of Thierry Henry scoring for Arsenal in a 1-1 draw against Tottenham Hotspur at Highbury in April 2006 and running down the pitch to celebrate in front of the away fans.

City will contest that it is unfair to punish Adebayor and allow other players to get away with similar offences, although

I'm laughing my socks off here at IP acting like a big girl. Taking his ball home because Robinho, who was clearly contributing less to the team cause than his replacement, would be left out by some. Vintage comedy!:)

It's quite simple, Adebayor back in the centre and Bellamy back on the left where he was in outstanding form.

The form forward line consists of Bellamy on the left, Adebayor in the middle with Tevez.

Despite the goals, we have clearly missed the target man up front.

Lets get drastic, drop petrov and shauny, stick weiss on the right, bellers on the left, ade n tevez up front

IMO if Ade not banned he will play for sure, Bellers on left Shaun on the right, Barry and Our Jongie, the only one am not sure bout is whether MH will pick Stevie or Tevez

I reckon playing Petrov on the lef with Ade in the miidle would work very well. Petrov likes to get to the bye line and puts in good crosses with his left foot. Ade is strong in the air and would bang em in. Move Bellers over to the right and drop SWP. play Tevez up front with Ade

markbmcfc said:
You have to play Ade, especially away, as he will be able to hold the ball up and relieve some pressure, which we have missed the past 3 games.

I would drop SWP, drop bellers to the right, petrov on the left and Tevez behind Ade.

This is a certain

The FA will not ban Ade for this ... a warning is the most he can be given.

The FA have, in my humble opinion, got themselves in a bind over this and other recent matters and there partiality (or lack of impartiality and evenhandedness) in their treatment of clubs and players is there and evident for all to see.

Thank goodness for the <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fawatch.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fawatch.org</a> campaign that has been started.

The FA's problem starts with their Cheif Executive, Mr Whatmore (think I spelled it correctly) who is a self-confessed Arsenal fan and he started the call for Ade's ban even before he has seen the ref's report. I think it likely that the FA Legal eagles have had a word with him about when to open his mouth and about what. Then you have the obvious conflict of interest with Mr Gill, Chief Exec of ManYoo, sitting in judgement on Ade and handing out the 3 game ban four day before the game at OT.

So here we have the FA punishments:

.... for Arsenal ... for racist chanting, fans throwing bananas and chairs on the pitch, for trying to invade the pitch, for injuring a steward ... ermm ... nothing

.... for Van Persie ... for all his reported misdemeanours in the same match ... erm ... a warning

.... for ManYoo .... for coin throwing, for pitch invasion, for failing to control their players ... erm ... nothing

.... for West Ham ... for the same as above but more serious perhaps ... 4 (yes four) sepearate charges

... oh yes ... the FA did urge Arsenal adn ManYoo to find the perpetrators and deal with them and here is the progress so far:

1 ... coin thrower at OT ... perso identified and named and shamed and banned - erm .. NO
2 ... pitch invader ... named and shamed by GMP .. banned by Man Yoo for life - erm .. NO
3 ... racist chaters by Arsenal identified and named by Arsenal .. erm .. NO
4 .... banana throwers and chair thower named and shamed and banned by Arsenal ... erm .. NO

So well done the FA for keeping our game under control

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.