Adebayor on the bench?

kippax casual said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Not missing the point at all, Robinho hasn't contributed anything this season because he has missed the majority of it but he contributed more than Adebayor did last season and yet Adebayor has 3 years worth of more experience playing in England.

This is why were talking about form as in the here and now. Adebayor goes back into the team as he is the form man in the league and he is vital for our style of play especially away from home. Robinho is not as essential as we have Petrov and Bellamy how can play in the same position as him and in my opinion make us a better balanced and more threatening team with them in the side over Robinho.

Why are we even discussing Robbie at this point, he's been injured and will be on the sidelines for at least three weeks. So discussing whether or not he should be in now is completely moot. None of us can argue that we have several players in form and hughes will have to make a decision on what lineup gives us the best matchups against villa. I cannot see him dropping ade just because some of our other players have made an impact in his absence. Ade will be in, I wouldn't be surprised to see tevez dropped to the bench for this matchup. Don't forget that stevie might be fit and that is another issue we will have to deal with

Personally, I think we should bench Ade, Bellamy, Tevez, Santa Cruz (Robinho as well if he was fit) and just play Benjani.

That my friends, is the key to awesome sucess.

Astuteboy said:
Personally, I think we should bench Ade, Bellamy, Tevez, Santa Cruz (Robinho as well if he was fit) and just play Benjani.

Post of the thread! Spot on.

Ade will be back in the starting line up as he is needed at defending set pieces and corners as well as his attacking.

.............Given

Zab....Toure...Lescott...Bridge

...........De Jong
..SWP...Barry...Bellers

....Tevez...Ade

If there was not a full week break between games MH may have rested SWP or Bellers but they both have a full 6 days to recover so he will go with what has been proved to be the strongest line up.

Respect to Bellers and De Jong for grabbing their chance with both habds and has made themselves one of the first names on the team sheet, i just hope Petrov takes it as well as he is one of my favourite players at the club but just no place for him at the moment :( he is behind Bellers and Robinho for the left hand side position.

petrov drops to the bench because he lacks work rate

ade comes back in (for defensive abilty against curew as much as attacking)
and bellers plays on the left

then we have the chioce of crockey and petrov as impact subs for tevez and swp

we need all the players with a high workrate playing in the away games

only thing I can't see is how we get ireland back into the side at the moment
unless hughes drops tevez and not sure that is the right thing

hasnt ade scored in just about every game he has played, so that is form.
hence he will play.

swp however is not playing well at the moment, loss of form.
someone will take his place.

swp out, ade in.

simple

Astuteboy said:

maureen25ap.gif

Were do we get this FORM thing from?
Tevez should have had a hat-trick in first 20 mins last night.
Petrov's free kick was a dreadful goalkeeping mistake by Englands No1 so the WHU fans were singing just before he scored. Puts a few crosses over like he should as a winger then has the manager having to shout at him to track back on occassions due to Bridge having 2 men running at him.

MH will pick a team to compete against the particular team we are playing each week with the players he has available.

I think that Petrov will drop out for Ade and may be Bellers/Tevez for Ireland. SWP will be in due to defending duties and the penalty he will get when Dunney trips him.

We will play with 5 across the middle with Ade up front.

Form will not come into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.