Adebayor to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
lee-mcfc said:
offtopic but

Stoke in talks to sign Peter Crouch & Wilson Palacios from Tottenham

wow good signings if they pull that off

Well if Spurs sell Crouch they will need a striker..... bye bye Ade.

With a nostalgic love of the premier league, I'd love to see spurs achieve one of there preferred targets. I think Llorente (of Atletico Bilbao) or maybe Adebayor would be a good acquisition.

They really need an excellent target man.

zangatangring said:
With a nostalgic love of the premier league, I'd love to see spurs achieve one of there preferred targets. I think Llorente (of Atletico Bilbao) or maybe Adebayor would be a good acquisition.

Was sure Sky reported Llorente signed? Thought I saw it just last night, may have been dozing.....

bluemoondays said:
macmanson said:
lee-mcfc said:
offtopic but

Stoke in talks to sign Peter Crouch & Wilson Palacios from Tottenham

wow good signings if they pull that off

Also picked up Matthew Upson on a free. If they can get some decent mileage out of Woodgate, they might have a decent side this year.

Supposedly they are interested in Barton also - only issue they may have is with wages although I think they are pretty low payers for a PL club. Still, getting Barton on a free offsets his wages over 3-4 years. Assuming he'd cost about £8m in current market that's £2m/year saved on a transfer fee (£40k/week) so if they pay him £60k he's only costing them £20k/week on wages.

If they can all stay fit adding Woodgate, Upson, Barton, Crouch & Palacios strengthens them considerably (especially in squad depth). I could see them challenging for a europa spot with those additions.

They'd have a decent chance in this year's Europa league as well. That would be some decent quality for Europa league play. It would be a big achievement for them. Talk they are interested in SWP as well but unlikely to land him due to wages.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:39 pm --<br /><br />
prairiemoon said:
zangatangring said:

Was sure Sky reported Llorente signed? Thought I saw it just last night, may have been dozing.....

Nope, still an Athletic Bilbao player. This recent article seems to indicate they'd have a tough go of getting him and that Rossi is a more realistic target.

Tottenham face tough task to land Athletic Bilbao's Fernando Llorente• Basque club unwilling to accept offer under €36m
• Spurs may take another look at Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi

Tweet this
reddit this Dominic Fifield and Stuart James guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 10 August 2011 22.01 BST Article history
Spurs have long admired Athletic Bilbao's Fernando Llorente but are unwilling to break the bank to sign the Spain international. Photograph: Miguel Tona/EPA
Tottenham Hotspur face an uphill task if they are to sign the Spain forward Fernando Llorente from Athletic Bilbao, with his club unwilling to accept an offer that does not trigger the €36m (£31.6m) buy-out clause in his contract.

The Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is anxious to reinforce his attacking options after seeing Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Robbie Keane and Roman Pavlyuchenko register just 18 league goals between them for the club last season.

Llorente, who scored 19 goals in 2010-11 to help propel Athletic into a sixth-place finish and the Europa League, has been a long-time target for Spurs, whose interest was intensified once Mirko Vucinic moved from Roma to Juventus last month. Preliminary talks took place with Bilbao last weekend, although the Basque club said they would be reluctant sellers of their most prized asset. Presidential elections were held over the summer with Fernando Garcia Macua duly replaced by Josu Urrutia and the new incumbent understandably keen not to start his tenure at the club by selling Llorente, such an iconic player, who is contracted to the club until 2013.

That may force Spurs to make a move for Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi, with Redknapp keen to bring in a forward before allowing any of his current options to depart. Keane has yet to attract interest, but Stoke City have made a formal offer for Crouch and team-mate Wilson Palacios, though major obstacles still need to be hurdled before either deal could be completed.

A fee of around £8m has been agreed for Palacios, 27, though the midfielder's wage demands may yet prove to be out of Stoke's reach. The club have yet to hold talks with Crouch, 30, with the salary potentially on offer over what would have to be a four-year contract likely to prove a similar stumbling block.

The Stoke chairman, Peter Coates, said he was awaiting a response from Spurs over what amounts to a £20m offer for both players. "We've made our last bid," said Coates. "The ball is in their court. We shall not be negotiating from where we are. The last conversation I had with Spurs, we had not agreed anything. We'll see what happens, but we haven't got any further."Tottenham, who have held talks with Real Madrid over the possible signing of Lassana Diarra, could yet raise further money by selling their former England midfielder Jermaine Jenas to Fulham, where he would be reunited with the former Spurs manager Martin Jol.

macmanson said:
They'd have a decent chance in this year's Europa league as well. That would be some decent quality for Europa league play. It would be a big achievement for them. Talk they are interested in SWP as well but unlikely to land him due to wages.

I agree with you. I think Spurs probably have the best chance of all the teams.

D'ya think they'd really go for SWP when they have pennant?

So are we clutching at straws thinking we can swap badabayor for Lennon then ?

alera said:
So are we clutching at straws thinking we can swap badabayor for Lennon then ?

Yep, won't ever happen. Spurs are in the Europa league now anyways. Besides, Balo can operate as a winger.

I would take that as well. Anything to get rid of him permanent and bring in a player we can actually use.

alera said:
I would take that as well. Anything to get rid of him permanent and bring in a player we can actually use.

Yep, Diarra is class. Underrated IMO. Him or Daniele de rossi (more favourably, assuming he's approachable and still in top form) would make me very jubilant about the defensive mids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.