Adebayor to Spurs

richards30 said:
jjeangi said:
Damocles said:
Adebayor's wages do not currently count in FFP calculations. If we loaned him out and paid half, they WOULD be countable in FFP calculations.

Us loaning him to Spurs, in reality, would mean that we would loan a top striker to a rival and we would pay for the privilege.

This is why this is a load of shit.
Paying half is a seperate issue of course, but what if as Ladyman reports they would cover the full wages.
no chance spurs will pay ade £170,000 a week!!!!
Ladyman says we retain image rights which puts it at 145k and that keane was on nearly 90k

It don't believe we would loan him to spurs let alone pay any of his wages.

We would be acting like distressed sellers when in reality money is of no concern to our owners. The only issue in this regard is ffp and as pointed out loaning him and covering wages would actually make matters worse when currently his wages are not in the equation.

Honestly I still believe if he goes to spurs it will be permanent with some sort of fee. Or we will get a player in return. More likely he will end up abroad permanently or as part of a player swap deal. Or he will end up abroad on loan.

So basically I am hoping this is a smoke screen to draw out interest from other clubs. Still nothing from the club, player or local press on this so at the moment it's still all wild speculation anyway.

Where has 170k a week wages come from? He was on about 50k at Arsenal I reckon he's on between 90 to 120k a week!

Last season when we loaned Bridge to West Ham we wouldn't let him go there unless they paid the full 90k a week.

That's why Ade's going to spurs, it's because they will have to pay ALL his wages or fuck of...

It's funny how everyone now takes it for a fact that Ade is on £170,000 a year. Can anybody prove this figure or is it just common knowledge because the Sun told us so?

And this seems to be the basis of most debates whereas if, say, he's only on around £90,000 and the rest, say upto £170,000 as reported (which I don't believe for a second), was made up of playing bonuses, would it then be alright for Ade to go to Spurs with them paying all his wages and us getting a loan fee in the agreement. Afterall, we're not going to let him go there for free, are we.

If we don't want him, no other team wants him, Spurs are going to pay for him, and he wants to play football for them, then I can't see a reason why we would stop it. It benefits all parties.

Can´t believe we can´t offload a player of his calibre for a decent price anywhere in Europe - we´re having to pay over the odds for Nas with less than a year to run - why don´t fookin Anzhi want him ffs.. oh wait it´s nearly in fookin Siberia isn´t it?

I note there has been nothing at all from the player or his agent when they have been extremely vocal in the past, constantly going on about only wanting to go to real being case in point.

Still think this is a smokescreen. Harry is great at drumming up interest in the press.

Damocles said:
hgblue said:
alera said:
Better we lose the 3 million and keep some respect I say.

So people are going to be happy loaning tevez to inter or some club in brazil because that is what is coming next if we go down this road.

If it's happening fine there is nothing we can do about it but at least be honest and say it how it is. You can't put lipstick on a pig.

Ideally we'd like to sell the likes of Tevez and Adebayor. Unfortunately it seems there aren't any buyers out there. Therefore, a loan is the next best option because it:
1. Removes the wages (or a portion thereof) off the wage bill.
2. Removes an unhappy player from the squad.
3. Puts the player in the shop window for another potential buyer when the loan period ends.

Adebayor's wages do not currently count in FFP calculations. If we loaned him out and paid half, they WOULD be countable in FFP calculations.

Us loaning him to Spurs, in reality, would mean that we would loan a top striker to a rival and we would pay for the privilege.

This is why this is a load of shit.

Not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that reports that we will be paying half of Adebayor's wages are a load of shit? Or are you saying that paying half of Adebayor's wages is a load of shit?

What is interesting is that on the same day he comes out with this he also said that if modric is going he wants it done quickly. To me it sounds like they are doing the good news bad news thing in saying we are targeting players but modric is going to have to go for us to get them in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.