Adebayor to Spurs

I'm confident neither will be the case (and that's just how I like it). ;)

goatboy said:
how many goals did we beat bolton by last week? and people are seriously writing off a team like spurs?
For the title yes. 100% so, infact if put my mortgage on it.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 am --<br /><br />
moomba said:
If Spurs are near us come May we've had a shit season.
This. Too many people with little city syndrome. Do you utd fans are worried spurs will finish above them?

SWP's back said:
goatboy said:
how many goals did we beat bolton by last week? and people are seriously writing off a team like spurs?
For the title yes. 100% so, infact if put my mortgage on it.

-- Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 am --

moomba said:
This. Too many people with little city syndrome. Do you utd fans are worried spurs will finish above them?
Do the rags often loan out players to Tottenham, us, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal? Loaning to Sunderland is one thing. Loaning to a Top 6 team is another. Arsenal kept sending us players and their fans constantly derided us as no threat. This has nothing to do with "Little City" syndrome for me. It has to do with never strengthening your immediate rivals.

taconinja said:
SWP's back said:
goatboy said:

moomba said:
Do the rags often loan out players to Tottenham, us, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal? Loaning to Sunderland is one thing. Loaning to a Top 6 team is another. Arsenal kept sending us players and their fans constantly derided us as no threat. This has nothing to do with "Little City" syndrome for me. It has to do with never strengthening your immediate rivals.

So you think Spurs could finish above us now they have Ade?

SWP's back said:
taconinja said:
SWP's back said:

While I agree with you that there is little likelihhod of Spurs finishing above us... the fact that we've given them Adebayor has saved them something like £12m which they have made on this deal.

That £12m might see Spurs sign Diarra or Parker and Cahill.

I think the point most of us have with this is that it is strengthening a "competitor". And in the same way us strengthening our squad over the last few years, while at the same time weakening Everton, Villa and Arsenal has borne much fruit!

Never undestimate Reknapp's ability to get in deals. They are not THAT far behind us we can write them off.

Sunday's game should be a decent indicator... yes?

They're welcome to him.

He actually seems to turn it on in bigger games so if he helps them finally get some points against Chelsea, Arsenal and the rags then that's just fine with me.

BTW... Spurs are NOT our rivals.

SWP's back said:
goatboy said:

moomba said:

Pretty daft comment really. Do you think anyone here would be worried about Spurs if we'd won the title 4 times out of the last 5 and finished in the top 3 every year for 15 years?

SWP's back said:
taconinja said:
SWP's back said:

I think it's unlikely barring disaster, but first disasters do happen and second please forgive me for turning this around on you. According to many here, we have only two rivals in the league now: rags and Chelsea. There are nine possible points left the spuds can take from them. Do you see them doing so? I don't.

So in my estimation, they won't take a point from our rivals; however, we've strengthened them for the rest of their games.

Ian_Ladyman_DM Ian Ladyman
@OrtusUK i am told city paying 10 per cent of ade wage
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

It isn't little city syndrome really, its more a case of "we know how things can go pear shaped so we don't count our chickens until they are hatched" syndrome.

I don't expect them near us but i will not say "never" when it comes to things that have not happened yet. To many times have i seen stuff in life go wrong when you would put your house on it staying right to make such claims.

Just like you wont see me in the "predict..." threads.

tl;dr Quietly confident in my house.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.