Adebayor to Spurs

It would be mad if we let him go to spurs and im very surprised a team like Malaga hasn't come in and offered us 5mill.

Personally I think a foreign team will come in for him and we will be able to sell him.

BlueJill said:
bluemiester said:
I can't believe anyone who witnessed our games against Spurs last season would allow this deal to go ahead. Yes we took 4 points, but they were totally toothless in the final third and Ade would be perfect for them. If there is any truth to this at all I hope Bobby rewatches the game at the COMS and see's how much they dominated possession and puts a stop to any talk of this nonsense. At WHL Hart had a stormer and if they'd had a better striker they'd have won. Why give them a player than could finish teams off and even subsidise it? It makes no sense. This would be the worst deal we could possibly make. In fact it's too stupid to be believable, so I don't know what I'm getting wound up about.

1) He can't play against us so we have nothing to fear in the two games we play against Spurs.

2) We have come a LONG way since the season opener last year. You cannot compare the current squad with that squad.

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 pm --

Soulboy said:
I suppose we have to trust the club to get the best deal but, for me, I would rather we swapped Adebayor for a Real player such as Diarra or Gago or Albiol.

Takes two to tango though. Why would RM actually want him. They simply don't need a striker.

You don't know they don't need a striker... I suspect Mourinho alone knows that one!

And haven't they already made a bid, which goes slightly against your view they don't want him.

If there was no chance of him going to Madrid, why is Adebayor so convinced that a deal will be done!

bluemiester said:
We can claim to have come along way since the first game of last season, but not since the last Spurs game.

Oh, I disagree. Assuming Nasri is a done deal, we have come quite a ways since May and I expect by the end of August we will have advanced even more.

ManuA said:
Terms agreed.

This better not be true. I could just about understand it, if it was sale, but if it's a loan then I'll be furious. The moment we loan them Ade, they'll start spending. They've been pleading poverty all summer, but I just hope our board don't fall for that and check their accounts. They've got a shit load of money and I bet have been holding back on spending it, in order to convince us thay can't afford to pay Ade's fee or wages. I bet anything that if he signs they'll suddeny find the cash to buy Diarra and Rossi.

Terms agreed at 6pm this evening...... he will train with them this week and play in the united game.

Soulboy said:
You don't know they don't need a striker... I suspect Mourinho alone knows that one!

And haven't they already made a bid, which goes slightly against your view they don't want him.

If there was no chance of him going to Madrid, why is Adebayor so convinced that a deal will be done!

Yes they supposedly made a bid, but they also signed Callejon and now say they don't want him. Obviously you can't believe a word anyone says, but when I look at their squad, I say, they don't need him.

sniff said:
Terms agreed at 6pm this evening...... he will train with them this week and play in the united game.

That's ITK from the Tottenham forum, right?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/transfer-news/21151-adebayor-transfer-news-thread-49.html#post463908" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/transfe ... post463908</a>

sniff said:

Do you know any specifics of the deal,specifically to what extent it benefits us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.