Adebayor to Spurs

fair play then i apologise but my other arguments still stand up there is just no upside for us in this deal

mancboy123 said:
fair play then i apologise but my other arguments still stand up there is just no upside for us in this deal

Apart from the fact that he could help spuds take points of our "main" rivals

To be honest I think the thought of them coming top 4 in place of say Arsenal or Liverpool a very good idea.

The top 3 will be well ahead of 4th IMO

maybe but im no way arrogant enough to think we are well out of that scrap so no i dont want to strengthen them or help them out as they wouldnt do the same for us and also an option to buy do you think that he is gonna take a 50% pay cut in a year for the priviledge of playing for spurs

I can't believe anyone who witnessed our games against Spurs last season would allow this deal to go ahead. Yes we took 4 points, but they were totally toothless in the final third and Ade would be perfect for them. If there is any truth to this at all I hope Bobby rewatches the game at the COMS and see's how much they dominated possession and puts a stop to any talk of this nonsense. At WHL Hart had a stormer and if they'd had a better striker they'd have won. Why give them a player than could finish teams off and even subsidise it? It makes no sense. This would be the worst deal we could possibly make. In fact it's too stupid to be believable, so I don't know what I'm getting wound up about.

mancboy123 said:
maybe but im no way arrogant enough to think we are well out of that scrap so no i dont want to strengthen them or help them out as they wouldnt do the same for us and also an option to buy do you think that he is gonna take a 50% pay cut in a year for the priviledge of playing for spurs

He may not take a 50% cut but spuds are starting to offload some of their deadwood big earners like Keane and they have others on offer I would expect Crouch to be next out when they get him on loan.

He will only have 1 years left after this loan move so maybe if spuds could come up with a 4 year deal at say £120k he would except it

At the end of the day it's conceivable we could be left with Ade and paying him the full whack for a few months. So if Spurs is the only option on the table then the club have to take it if only to save on some wages as we do have FFPR to consider. We can only hope he does the biz against the teams that matter - ManUre, Chelski, the Arse and the Dippers. If he does then all well and good.....as long as we do our part too!

I suppose we have to trust the club to get the best deal but, for me, I would rather we swapped Adebayor for a Real player such as Diarra or Gago or Albiol.

I really don't trust Spurs to finalise the deal at the end of the season, and we'll be pondering all this again next season.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:48 pm --<br /><br />
TheNews said:
mancboy123 said:

Apart from the fact that he could help spuds take points of our "main" rivals

To be honest I think the thought of them coming top 4 in place of say Arsenal or Liverpool a very good idea.

The top 3 will be well ahead of 4th IMO

Are you seriously pretending to be a City fan?

Not the best thing to happen but they pay half of his wages and they pay 2-3 m for loan lee. That is enough to pay his another half of wages until June. After that I hope they buy him.

so we dont make any profit from him until June but if he plays good and scores goals he will be more valuable than he is now.
Of course there is a chance spurs will be much better with him, also against MU, Chelsea, Arsenal, Pool what is not bad to us.

It will be megaLOL if he scores against Arsenal followed with his great run.:D

It's not the most optinal transfer but much better than if he would stay and eat his whole wages and play for reserves.

Spurs have been looking for a class striker all sumer.....getting a player like Adebayor on loan is such a great business for them. by far the cheapest option they could have and no risk involved at all as he knows the league inside out

We wont loan him to spurs I cant see any chance of that happening.

We might have swapped him for a player we wanted but doing any business with clubs like spurs is always too difficult, they are always trying to take the piss.

There are lots of clubs that want Adebayor, both in the prem and abroad. Few would pay all his wages.

If we are going to loan him out and sub his wages we are hardly going to do it in our own league to a side that could compete with us. Surely people can see that would make no sense at all. Over half the clubs in the league would take him on loan with discounted wages.

If we pay half his wages thats a £4 million saving a year to us, the benefit is marginal.

By far the most likely outcome is he will go out on loan to a club in europe. Real are still interested despite what people might think they might not want a permanent deal or to pay all his wages. If not another club in spain or possibly Italy.

Just think about it many top clubs would love him on loan with part of his wages paid so why would we do SPurs the favour ? The answer is we wont unless there was something in it for us and a £2 or £3 million saving after they have paid a loan fee. There is just nothing in it for us to make it worthwhile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.