Adebayor to Spurs

They wont finalise the deal because it would ravage their wage structure and the lies of modric and bale would immediately want a raise which would escalate the problem.

It was their inability against the likes of blackpool wigan etc which made them miss out last year not them taking points off the big teams if u look historically united have never taken many points off the big times but they batter the small teams i have absolutely no wish to help spurs do the same.

bluemiester said:
I can't believe anyone who witnessed our games against Spurs last season would allow this deal to go ahead. Yes we took 4 points, but they were totally toothless in the final third and Ade would be perfect for them. If there is any truth to this at all I hope Bobby rewatches the game at the COMS and see's how much they dominated possession and puts a stop to any talk of this nonsense. At WHL Hart had a stormer and if they'd had a better striker they'd have won. Why give them a player than could finish teams off and even subsidise it? It makes no sense. This would be the worst deal we could possibly make. In fact it's too stupid to be believable, so I don't know what I'm getting wound up about.

1) He can't play against us so we have nothing to fear in the two games we play against Spurs.

2) We have come a LONG way since the season opener last year. You cannot compare the current squad with that squad.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 pm --<br /><br />
Soulboy said:
I suppose we have to trust the club to get the best deal but, for me, I would rather we swapped Adebayor for a Real player such as Diarra or Gago or Albiol.

Takes two to tango though. Why would RM actually want him. They simply don't need a striker.

TheNews said:
Guys as I said nearly 2 weeks ago he will be on loan to Spurs

Looks like a 12 month loan with option to buy we still pick up a large amount of his wages not sure of final figure but would guess 50% to 60% to be paid by us. One of the problems of putting these players on such large wages.

Should be announced in next day or so

You are a Spuds WUM!

why the fuck do I know that? I saw it on Glory Glory too.

alera said:
We wont loan him to spurs I cant see any chance of that happening.

We might have swapped him for a player we wanted but doing any business with clubs like spurs is always too difficult, they are always trying to take the piss.

There are lots of clubs that want Adebayor, both in the prem and abroad. Few would pay all his wages.

If we are going to loan him out and sub his wages we are hardly going to do it in our own league to a side that could compete with us. Surely people can see that would make no sense at all. Over half the clubs in the league would take him on loan with discounted wages.

If we pay half his wages thats a £4 million saving a year to us, the benefit is marginal.

By far the most likely outcome is he will go out on loan to a club in europe. Real are still interested despite what people might think they might not want a permanent deal or to pay all his wages. If not another club in spain or possibly Italy.

Just think about it many top clubs would love him on loan with part of his wages paid so why would we do SPurs the favour ? The answer is we wont unless there was something in it for us and a £2 or £3 million saving after they have paid a loan fee. There is just nothing in it for us to make it worthwhile.

Ade holds the cards in this situation. He is willing to sit on his ass and take a paycheck. With that attitude he can turn down any team he wants. We can only move him where he is willing to be moved. The fact that plenty of teams WOULD take him on loan is meaningless unless he is willing to play for them.

Offer him to Valencia or Espanyol on a loan and pay half his wages but not to a prem rival, in fact I hear Leicester are aftera striker let him go there.

If Ade wants to sit it out then so be it but never let him go to one of our rivals unless its a swap deal which suits us. Its about time players realised we wont be pissed about.

BlueJill said:
bluemiester said:
I can't believe anyone who witnessed our games against Spurs last season would allow this deal to go ahead. Yes we took 4 points, but they were totally toothless in the final third and Ade would be perfect for them. If there is any truth to this at all I hope Bobby rewatches the game at the COMS and see's how much they dominated possession and puts a stop to any talk of this nonsense. At WHL Hart had a stormer and if they'd had a better striker they'd have won. Why give them a player than could finish teams off and even subsidise it? It makes no sense. This would be the worst deal we could possibly make. In fact it's too stupid to be believable, so I don't know what I'm getting wound up about.

1) He can't play against us so we have nothing to fear in the two games we play against Spurs.

2) We have come a LONG way since the season opener last year. You cannot compare the current squad with that squad.

-- Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:33 pm --

Soulboy said:
I suppose we have to trust the club to get the best deal but, for me, I would rather we swapped Adebayor for a Real player such as Diarra or Gago or Albiol.

Takes two to tango though. Why would RM actually want him. They simply don't need a striker.

I'm not talking about them taking points off us, but using the games against us to illiustrate how glaringly obvious it is where Spurs weakness is and how stupid it would be to solve that problem. Forget the first game of last season and just look at the game against us at home. Did any team control the game for such long periods against us at home last season as Spurs did? It was a great night for us and afterwards everyone was full of praise for our player and Bobby etc, but in reality their midfield was utterly dominant. But Spurs were just pathetic upfront, as they were when dropping points against crappy teams at the end of the season. We can claim to have come along way since the first game of last season, but not since the last Spurs game. Spurs didn't qualify for the CL last year because of shit strikers and I can't believe we'd be crazy enough to help them solve that situation.

I don't see much difference this season between the entire top 6 and think the battle for the top 4 will also be the battle for the title. Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal haven't been this vulnerable in years. We've got a real chance, but we can't just assume we've moved on to a different level from the likes of Spurs and even Liverpool, just because we finshed above them last season. Liverpool had managerial problems which have been solved and Spurs had striker problems and we shouldn not under any circumstances help them solve, as they will batter the smaller teams.

Kun Aguero said:
TheNews said:

Looks like a 12 month loan with option to buy we still pick up a large amount of his wages not sure of final figure but would guess 50% to 60% to be paid by us. One of the problems of putting these players on such large wages.

You are a Spuds WUM!

Yep, and not a very good one. His posts are usually saying
a) we can't sign anyone from Spurs; and
b) they can get who they want from us.

Kun Aguero said:
TheNews said:

You are a Spuds WUM!

Has been for years. No problem to us, gives us good info.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.