Adebayor to start against Arsenal?

Tevez City said:
He is on fire , so absolutely YESSSS

---Milner---Yaya---Barry---

---Tevez----Ade-----Silva---

Play Arsenal without our defensive midfield kingpin De Jong? Our strength is what has helped us undo Arsenal in the past. We need to be strong, even slightly cynical against Arsenal as we were against Chelsea.

Vienna_70 said:
Why not?

A front three of Tévez, Silva and Ade would scare the Arsenal defence to death.

It certainly would but what ever way we look at it top players will not start this weekend

----------------------Hart--------------------
Richards--Boateng-----Kompany--Zabaleta
--------Milner------Ya Ya----Barry----------
--------Tevez--------Ade---Silva------------

True Gooner,

I wouldn't worry too much about Andy Johnson at the weekend, as Fulham are playing West Brom.

However, ADAM Johnson may cause you a few problems, if selected.

That said, I would go with:

Hart

Boateng, Kompany, Kolo (Lescott), Bridge

.........................de Jong

............. YaYa................Barry/Milner

......Silva......................................Tévez

............................Adebayour

-----------------Hart---------------------
Boateng---Boyata---Kompany---Kolarov

---------------De Jong------------------
------Y.Toure-------------Milner---------

----------------Silva------------------

---------Adebayor----Tevez----------

TBH if Kolo cant play, id rather see boyata at cb then lescott right now. the way lescott gets beat every time he gets pulled out is worrying. and also you cant pull people down in the penalty area and get away with it every time.. especially against the like of diving nasri and chamakh.

No. We should stay 451, the formation we know and the formation that we know works in big games. Tevez is the man who will lead the line, and I fancy him to do some damage. If not, send Ade on after 70 mins and see what he can do.

Tevez City said:
He is on fire , so absolutely YESSSS

---Milner---Yaya---Barry---

---Tevez----Ade-----Silva---

That midfield has no chance against arsenal, way too slow, without De Jong your midfield will really struggle

The reason he played the full 90 today is because he's not starting v Arsenal. Neither is Johnson. It will be 451 like we always do in the big games. Unfortunately however, it means Silva wont be in his best position and will be back on the right again. I fear that Lescott will play, but i hope we play Boateng in the centre. I'd go for Hart, Bridge/Zab, Boateng, Kompany, Richards, De Jong, Barry, Yaya, Milner, Silva, Tevez.

davymcfc said:
just cos he scored against the poles? tevez should definitely start.

off course Tevez should start and so should Silva.

My point is we all know Adebayor loves to play against Arsenal and his confidence is sky high after scroing the three goals

----------------------Hart--------------------
Richards--Boateng-----Kompany--Zabaleta
--------Milner------Ya Ya----Barry----------
--------Tevez--------Ade---Silva------------

As I see it, the players highlighted in blue will all start

I think we need a strong midfield against Arsenal, so i would NOT play 4-4-2.

We should play the same as we played against Chelsea, but I would start with Ade up front on his own instead of Tevez.

1. He can be unplayable on his day. If we get the unplayable Ade - instead of the can't be arsed, always offside Ade - he is as good as they come and can win the game for us.

2. His confidence will be sky high after last night.

3. He will surely play his heart out against Arsenal. Who could forget his performance in the game last year? Remember his run beating 3 or 4 players before passing to swp for him to slot it in an open net from 2 feet (which incredibly, he missed). Ade was awesome in that game.

4. Tevez looked VERY happy to be on the bench last night. He seems glad of the rest. I think he'd be happy to have Ade start and be ready to come on if needed.

5. When we play with 2 wingers, Ade is actually a more logical centre forward choice than Tevez. I doubt Tevez would have scored our 2nd last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.