Adebayor to start against Arsenal?

Ade after last night will be sky high with confidence and will be expecting to start . So to put him back on the bench will put him back in his stroppy mood imo . You could play with 3 midfield players in yaya , NDJ and barry with ade tevez and silva but you would lose the width . Personally I would love to see Ade start but I don't think with that particular formation you would win the game , unless Ade plays by himself and drop tevez which will not happen. Ade last night was brilliant and him and Silva linked up very well but I don't think he will start . We will try to squeeze arsenal down and limit their game , stop the passing . Then we will try to hit them on the counter like against chelsea .

MadchesterCity said:
Can we make this a Pole?

1 up front compress the midfield and stop Le Arse passing - simples - Tevez starts Ade from the bench

Agree.

Also, Ade's not as great in the air as some people are saying, despite his height. He got his 2nd goal last night because the Lech defender left him free. When challenged, Ade won very very little in the air last night, and this is a regular feature of his game.

How on earth does Bobby break the news to Ade that he's not starting against Arsenal!? It could potentially leave him even more demoralised and lacking in confidence than he was BEFORE the hat-trick!

ade will be an asset in goal line defending against setpieces and holding the ball to open up play. if he does these two well for the game that will do for me. goals would be bonus.

Tricky_Trev said:
How on earth does Bobby break the news to Ade that he's not starting against Arsenal!? It could potentially leave him even more demoralised and lacking in confidence than he was BEFORE the hat-trick!
Mancini could make a big statement by picking him - if you perform you'll get picked for the big matches.

I'm 100% sure that before last night, the line-up for Arsenal would have been Milner-Tevez-Silva.

Down to 90% sure now, i still think he'll go that way, but Ade has given himself a chance and Mancini a decision to make.

We're playing a consistently strong Arsenal and I'd expect a similar team to that who started against Chelsea or Spurs.

Adebayor came on as a sub at Arsenal last season and he could do so again. It's an emotional match for him and I'd rather not risk another suspension or an injury following some overzealous challenges.

We've got a good record at home to Arsenal recently. Is it 3 wins from the last 3 including Cups?

__________________________Hart___________________________

_____________Boateng/Boyata______Kompany_________________

Richards___________________________________________Zabaleta

_________________________De Jong__________________________

_________Yaya________________________________Barry________

___________________Silva____________Tevez__________________

___________________________Ade____________________________

Hopefully.

redmizzle said:
__________________________Hart___________________________

_____________Boateng/Boyata______Kompany_________________

Richards___________________________________________Zabaleta

_________________________De Jong__________________________

_________Yaya________________________________Barry________

___________________Silva____________Tevez__________________

___________________________Ade____________________________

Hopefully.

Width?

Hart
Boetang
Kompany
Lescott
Bridge

NDJ
Yaya
Milner

Silva
Ade
Tevez

Is the team I would pick, Silva was MOM last night so retain place, Ade, how can you drop a striker who scores a hatrick, Tevez goes without saying. As for the holding midfield of death, NDJ, need his tackling, Milner we need his workrate, Yaya because I believe better than Barry. Defence speaks for itself while we are carrying injuries to Kolo.

Bench - Given, Balotelli, Kolorov,(both these two could do with 10 mins on pitch) Zab (versatility) AJ (impact sub) Barry (to kill the game if needed) Jo or RSC (Just in case)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.