Adebayor to start against Arsenal?

Chippy_boy said:
I think we need a strong midfield against Arsenal, so i would NOT play 4-4-2.

We should play the same as we played against Chelsea, but I would start with Ade up front on his own instead of Tevez.

1. He can be unplayable on his day. If we get the unplayable Ade - instead of the can't be arsed, always offside Ade - he is as good as they come and can win the game for us.

2. His confidence will be sky high after last night.

3. He will surely play his heart out against Arsenal. Who could forget his performance in the game last year? Remember his run beating 3 or 4 players before passing to swp for him to slot it in an open net from 2 feet (which incredibly, he missed). Ade was awesome in that game.

4. Tevez looked VERY happy to be on the bench last night. He seems glad of the rest. I think he'd be happy to have Ade start and be ready to come on if needed.

5. When we play with 2 wingers, Ade is actually a more logical centre forward choice than Tevez. I doubt Tevez would have scored our 2nd last night.
I would rest Tevez and Silva to be honest, its just Arsenal, no need to play the best players lol

No.

It's all well and good coming up with systems. But how would they beat Arsenal?

----------------Hart-----------------------
Boateng-----Kompany----Lescott-----Kolarov (Or best available back 4)

----------------de Jong-------------------- He was made for this kind of game.We need him to break down the waves of Arsenal midfield play.
---------Yaya-------Barry------------------ Both have a certain pedigree going forward, but will be essential in clogging the midfield in order to stop the triabgle passes
Silva-----------Tevez----------------Milner All skillful, can cover each other, high work rate and can pass/shoot.

Adebayor should come off the bench if we need a change, or a weakness is seen that we can exploit. But we will be playing on the break in this game, no question, so we need experts at counter attacking football IMO.

Bluemoon115 said:
we need experts at counter attacking football IMO.

So it's either Tevez or Adebayor, through on goal, 1 on 1 against Almunia.

It's one of our few chances and he MUST score. Both players are fit and in top form. Who do you choose?

Tough call for me, but I'd probably choose Ade.

I don't see why you see Tevez as being better at counter attacking football.

Chippy_boy said:
Bluemoon115 said:
we need experts at counter attacking football IMO.

So it's either Tevez or Adebayor, through on goal, 1 on 1 against Almunia.

It's one of our few chances and he MUST score. Both players are fit and in top form. Who do you choose?

Actually, I'd choose Ade every time.

I don't see why you see Tevez as being better at counter attacking football.
Better first touch.
Better at running at defenders.
Better passing ability.
Better at sticking away half chances.

Bluemoon115 said:
1. Better first touch.
2. Better at running at defenders.
3. Better passing ability.
4. Better at sticking away half chances.

When both players are in form (and incidentally, I don't think Tevez has been at his very best this season either), then

1. False
2. True
3. True
4. False

But what about

5. Hopeless at heading the ball. True. Ade offers a real threat in the air and as a big centre forward, which Tevez cannot emulate.

Both are GREAT players on their day - 30+ goals a season. The problem is we haven't seen Ade at his best very often. He was on fire last season until his ban and ensuing injury. The way he played against Arsenal at home was sublime.

I say give him the chance to do it again.

It takes a brave boss to bench a guy who has just scored at hattrick.

Ade would be well pissed.

I can see him playing with Carlos spearheading the midfield.

It´s 4-5-1 to a flexible 4-2-3-1 on the counter - simples - No Ade starting - going toe to toe in mid with the Arse is suicide - we have to strangle the life out of them and play a high tempo from the off coz watching Cesc on Tues he will struggle to keep up with anything high intensity - great player but not PL match fit IMO

Anyone else get the impression that Silva is exactly what Ade needs in the team to make him work. Silva laid on the goals for him ... especially the second.

That little Spanish genius could pick out the lumbering mass of Adebayor in a fog for crosses into the box. The way he looked up, spotted Ade and put the ball right on his head. Playing Silva with Ade could be a winning combination.

Tevez get individual goals a lot of the time ... play him in a role behind/beside Ade.

De Jong has to play against the Gooners (everyone) as he is the enforcer/insurance as we press forward.

Happy days BlueMooners ... Happy Fecking Days!

mike channon´s windmill said:
It´s 4-5-1 to a flexible 4-2-3-1 on the counter - simples - No Ade starting - going toe to toe in mid with the Arse is suicide - we have to strangle the life out of them and play a high tempo from the off coz watching Cesc on Tues he will struggle to keep up with anything high intensity - great player but not PL match fit IMO
Good post, playing 2 striker against Arsenal and space in the midfield is very very brave. Look at when we went to Chelsea, we dominated possession and the midfield, they hit us on the break, by far our strenght as a team is our midfield and the fluency we move the ball there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.