Adebayor vs Santa Cruz?

i see skies of blue

half way between the gutter and the stars
Is it just me, or am I the only person thinking we didn't need to buy both?

Don't get me wrong, it's great that we're improving the team and it was well known we lacked a big frontman last season (what with Jo struggling and Caecedo still young). I know it's a squad game, and you need two players for each position, particularly if you want to compete in Europe (next season) and with international games (both will have long trips and Adebayor will have African Nations Cup) and injuries (neither Santa cruz, Bellamy or Boj have the best records in that department).

There is no point, with our money and ambition buying players to sit on the bench and they are without doubt an improvement on what we had before, but I think signing both will impact not only on both their potential appearences but also on the opportunities of some of the other strikers, Bellamy and Boj in particular.

I can't see Adebayor and Santa Cruz playing in the same team as they are too similar, not with Tevez/Robinho/Bellamy/Boj and then Ireland/Petrov/SWP/Elano in the squad for four attacking berths in the starting XI. Jo, Caecedo, Benjani and Evans will probably have to move on.

Great options to have, but how will it work?

We are buying both to provide strength in depth. Adebayor and RSC will rotate...Tevez, Bojinov and Bellamy will likewise rotate...also adds cover for injuries/suspensions and gives MH the chance to pick horses for courses, resting our best players when appropriate.

i see skies of blue said:
Is it just me, or am I the only person thinking we didn't need to buy both?

Don't get me wrong, it's great that we're improving the team and it was well known we lacked a big frontman last season (what with Jo struggling and Caecedo still young). I know it's a squad game, and you need two players for each position, particularly if you want to compete in Europe (next season) and with international games (both will have long trips and Adebayor will have African Nations Cup) and injuries (neither Santa cruz, Bellamy or Boj have the best records in that department).

There is no point, with our money and ambition buying players to sit on the bench and they are without doubt an improvement on what we had before, but I think signing both will impact not only on both their potential appearences but also on the opportunities of some of the other strikers, Bellamy and Boj in particular.

I can't see Adebayor and Santa Cruz playing in the same team as they are too similar, not with Tevez/Robinho/Bellamy/Boj and then Ireland/Petrov/SWP/Elano in the squad for four attacking berths in the starting XI. Jo, Caecedo, Benjani and Evans will probably have to move on.

Great options to have, but how will it work?

I know what you mean... Ade is the first one that doesn't seem to fit somehow... He's a gonna be a good player for us i'm sure, i'm just wondering if he's more of a marketing signing.... Eto'o made sense because we dont have a player like him or near his league, where as Adebayor is pretty similar to Roque...and i would argue not that much better, if better at all.... I know he has quicker feet than Roque, but Roque attacks the ball in the air better.... Only differences i can see...

I would agree regarding rotation but we will have about 15 games less than last year as we're not in UEFA. I fear there will be some unhappy players rocking the boat if they are not in the side. Hope Im proved wrong

chazmcfc said:
Home games- Adebayor
Away games - RSC
Not sure if I agree. RSC would be better when we are constantly on the attack, usually at home, swinging in cross after cross. With his fantastic pace, Adebayor would be better alongside (say) Bellamy as a counter-attack merchant in away games, surely?

perhaps we're preparing for next season's probability of having euro or CL matches. by then, we might not be the sole rich club if other clubs are taken over. like the other thread sed, we need to take advantage of our headstart.

and its better to enter CL or Euro with a one year established team than a team of new signings. more gel.

lionheart said:
chazmcfc said:
Home games- Adebayor
Away games - RSC
Not sure if I agree. RSC would be better when we are constantly on the attack, usually at home, swinging in cross after cross. With his fantastic pace, Adebayor would be better alongside (say) Bellamy as a counter-attack merchant in away games, surely?

adebayor 1st choice
then rsc steps in if injuries or loss of form occur.
not forgetting african nations

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.