Adebayor vs Santa Cruz?

de jong's thong said:
I would agree regarding rotation but we will have about 15 games less than last year as we're not in UEFA. I fear there will be some unhappy players rocking the boat if they are not in the side. Hope Im proved wrong
Next season we will reach the Carling Cup Final and at least the FA Cup Semis, so there will be plenty of games.

lionheart said:
chazmcfc said:
Home games- Adebayor
Away games - RSC
Not sure if I agree. RSC would be better when we are constantly on the attack, usually at home, swinging in cross after cross. With his fantastic pace, Adebayor would be better alongside (say) Bellamy as a counter-attack merchant in away games, surely?
i just think that home OR away, we will be on the attack...

just checked they are currently 2nd in the group which would mean they qualify, also cameroon are bottom of that group so no world cup or african nations it seems

Someone sent an e-mail to SSN which I thought was quite funny. It Read:

City are like Directory Enquiries. Their formation next season will be 1-1-8.

Funny, but true unless we get a quality defender and sharpish. Terry & Lescott would be a dream.

Mothball said:
African nations Cup?????
^^^This. Plus it will be better for Roque in the long term me thinks because he struggles to put 5 games together. So with Roque not having to worry about playing week in week out it will make him a better player in the long run.

Mothball said:
African nations Cup?????

I did mention this in the OP!

The point about the squad and being able to rotate is a good one, for too long we've been predictable and players have had to play on regardless of fitness or form (think Kompany/SWP/Richards last season). We are obviously building to compete on all levels, with a view to Europe next season and this will be a year for the team to gel and settle in, but I think there could well be some unhappy players in the buildup to a world cup year - SWP, Elano and Richards in particular....

I have NO IDEA what our best starting XI will be, even if we actually have one! Not that this is a bad thing - we will adapt and pick a team to suit the opposition and that will make their scouting on us more difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.