Adebayour to spurs 8 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor

waspish said:
LoveCity said:
This would be nice but he already turned down Zenit last year and they are bigger. Might pressure Levy a bit though.

-

Tottenham Hotspur facing competition for the signature of Emmanuel Adebayor from Lokomotiv Moscow
Lokomotiv Moscow are ready to scupper Tottenham’s efforts to sign Emmanuel Adebayor after making an £8 million move for the Manchester City forward.

Former Arsenal forward Adebayor is still in talks with Spurs over a permanent transfer to White Hart Lane following his season-long loan last term, despite City agreeing a fee last week with the London club.

And with Spurs and Adebayor yet to come to an agreement over the player’s wages, Lokomotiv have contacted City to register their interest in the 28 year-old.

While Spurs are reluctant to match Adebayor’s £175,000-a-week City salary, Lokomotiv, now managed by former Croatia coach Slaven Bilic, have made it clear to the player that they are prepared to take on his wages in order to entice him to the Russian league.

It is understood that Adebayor prefers a transfer to Spurs over a move to Moscow, but with City determined to reduce their squad before stepping up efforts to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal, senior figures at the Etihad Stadium are ready to do business with Lokomotiv if Tottenham fail to conclude a deal with Adebayor.

The Togolese forward, a £25 million signing from Arsenal in July 2009, has not played for City since lining up against Red Bull Salzburg in a Europa League tie in December 2010.

Adebayor has since spent six months on loan at Real Madrid, followed by his season at Spurs, and City manager Roberto Mancini has told the player that he does not figure in his plans at the Etihad.

Mancini, meanwhile, has been impressed by the attitude of Carlos Tévez since the striker’s return for pre-season training.

The Argentine’s future has again been the subject of speculation but Mancini appears to have no problem with the prospect of the 28 year-old staying.

Mancini said: “He came back to Manchester and his behaviour was good. He played a lot of games and scored important goals that helped us win the title. Now he has started the pre-season training very well.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9406913/Tottenham-Hotspur-facing-competition-for-the-signature-of-Emmanuel-Adebayor-from-Lokomotiv-Moscow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... oscow.html</a>

Waste of time he'd refuse to go

yep.

waspish said:
LoveCity said:
This would be nice but he already turned down Zenit last year and they are bigger. Might pressure Levy a bit though.

-

Tottenham Hotspur facing competition for the signature of Emmanuel Adebayor from Lokomotiv Moscow
Lokomotiv Moscow are ready to scupper Tottenham’s efforts to sign Emmanuel Adebayor after making an £8 million move for the Manchester City forward.

Former Arsenal forward Adebayor is still in talks with Spurs over a permanent transfer to White Hart Lane following his season-long loan last term, despite City agreeing a fee last week with the London club.

And with Spurs and Adebayor yet to come to an agreement over the player’s wages, Lokomotiv have contacted City to register their interest in the 28 year-old.

While Spurs are reluctant to match Adebayor’s £175,000-a-week City salary, Lokomotiv, now managed by former Croatia coach Slaven Bilic, have made it clear to the player that they are prepared to take on his wages in order to entice him to the Russian league.

It is understood that Adebayor prefers a transfer to Spurs over a move to Moscow, but with City determined to reduce their squad before stepping up efforts to sign Robin van Persie from Arsenal, senior figures at the Etihad Stadium are ready to do business with Lokomotiv if Tottenham fail to conclude a deal with Adebayor.

The Togolese forward, a £25 million signing from Arsenal in July 2009, has not played for City since lining up against Red Bull Salzburg in a Europa League tie in December 2010.

Adebayor has since spent six months on loan at Real Madrid, followed by his season at Spurs, and City manager Roberto Mancini has told the player that he does not figure in his plans at the Etihad.

Mancini, meanwhile, has been impressed by the attitude of Carlos Tévez since the striker’s return for pre-season training.

The Argentine’s future has again been the subject of speculation but Mancini appears to have no problem with the prospect of the 28 year-old staying.

Mancini said: “He came back to Manchester and his behaviour was good. He played a lot of games and scored important goals that helped us win the title. Now he has started the pre-season training very well.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/9406913/Tottenham-Hotspur-facing-competition-for-the-signature-of-Emmanuel-Adebayor-from-Lokomotiv-Moscow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... oscow.html</a>

But wouldn`t it be nice if City say "we`ll accept your offer" and see what the fuck Spuds do then.
OK I accept he`ll refuse to go,but nice to see/hear that other parties are now keen on the idea.

Adebayor

oakiecokie said:
waspish said:
LoveCity said:

-

But wouldn`t it be nice if City say "we`ll accept your offer" and see what the fuck Spuds do then.
OK I accept he`ll refuse to go,but nice to see/hear that other parties are now keen on the idea.

Yes it would but don't you think Ade has told Levy don't worry I only want to come to spurs just hang tight and see if you can get me for fuck all so you can pay me a bigger lump sum! That's one of the reasons it's dragging on levy is a KUNT

waspish said:
oakiecokie said:
waspish said:

Yes it would but don't you think Ade has told Levy don't worry I only want to come to spurs just hang tight and see if you can get me for fuck all so you can pay me a bigger lump sum! That's one of the reasons it's dragging on levy is a KUNT

I agree totally with your sentiments.However could Ade start to get cold feet,if Levy continues to stall ? Other bids come in and Levy starts to shit himself.
I would not be in the least bit suprised if this deal fell through and City take a gamble.

Adebayor

oakiecokie said:
waspish said:
oakiecokie said:

I agree totally with your sentiments.However could Ade start to get cold feet,if Levy continues to stall ? Other bids come in and Levy starts to shit himself.
I would not be in the least bit suprised if this deal fell through and City take a gamble.

Maybe a top Italian team or Spanish one but I just feel he loves London and that where he'll end up in my humble opinion.....

Would love Levy to take this to the last day of the transfer window, thinking no one else has come in and we've outsmarted the bastards, put his final offer on the table with a smug look on his face, only for us to say sorry not enough we'll keep him. Enjoy next year without your top joint assist/goalscorer.

The problem isn't Levy but the money pig himself according to the Mirror. After all, how could he feed his kids on £110,000/week?

Emmanuel Adebayor returned to training at Manchester City on Wednesday as a stand-off with Tottenham over his £175,000-a-week wages continued.

The two clubs agreed a £5million fee last week for the Togo striker in a deal which will see the Champions relinquish all financial ties with him.

But Adebayor remains unwilling to take a pay-cut on the salary he is due to receive over the next two years should he stay at City.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has also refused to budge on the amount he is prepared to pay the 28-year-old star, who spent last season on loan at White Hart Lane.

Adebayor has other loan offers but City are only interested in a permanent deal to get him out of the club.

LoveCity said:
The problem isn't Levy but the money pig himself according to the Mirror. After all, how could he feed his kids on £110,000/week?

Emmanuel Adebayor returned to training at Manchester City on Wednesday as a stand-off with Tottenham over his £175,000-a-week wages continued.

The two clubs agreed a £5million fee last week for the Togo striker in a deal which will see the Champions relinquish all financial ties with him.

But Adebayor remains unwilling to take a pay-cut on the salary he is due to receive over the next two years should he stay at City.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has also refused to budge on the amount he is prepared to pay the 28-year-old star, who spent last season on loan at White Hart Lane.

Adebayor has other loan offers but City are only interested in a permanent deal to get him out of the club.

If he is doing that then he can say goodbye to his football career. The only clubs can pay that money is clubs in China and the Middle East. He already turned down PSG last season, so I don't think he wants to play his football in those two countries.

Get Adebayor back into training as soon as possible. i think it's about time city gave him a look at what next season has in store for him if he doesn't get his agents to get Spurs to start playing ball over this deal. After a few days of heartless training and it being made clear that he will stay as fifth striker next year if he doesn't move sharpish will see the deal being kick started. How long will spurs wait if they see him playing preseason and the potential to get injured? they know he is a bargain buy for them i think a look at the alternative outcome is something they both need to have a look at

If he is on 175k a week with us and Spurs are offering him £110k a week (If that is true) then he is down £65k a week. That is £3.4 million a season over the 2 seasons he has left with us. A total of £6.8m. If Spurs are getting him for £5m then surely they would be paying him the difference of £6.8m as part of that deal. Adebayor is not a £5m player he is a £15m player and therefore his loss of wages are built into the price.

Or am I missing something obvious? Surely he doesnt think any club would pay him £175k a week after his 2 years with us is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.