Adebayour to spurs 8 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor

DaveTheYid said:
Personally feel a loan deal with City paying 99% of his wages would be a decent deal in the eyes of Levy.

I understand that's what City offered... and the deal fell through because we wouldn't pay Ade's taxi to the station!

I've said before - f*ck Levi Spuds need is as great as ours. They only have defoe and will have to spend 20Mill minimum to get a striker anywhere near as good as ade.

Tell them to cough up or f*ck off and loan him out abroad.

let them go spend on another striker who will prob want 150k a year just the same if he's any good or buy some average joe and flop big time next season.

Ade got 17 odd goals for then last season, he is a proven prem striker.

onceabluealways said:
I've said before - f*ck Levi Spuds need is as great as ours. They only have defoe and will have to spend 20Mill minimum to get a striker anywhere near as good as ade.

let them go spend on another striker who will prob want 150k a year just the same if he's any good or buy some average joe and flop big time next season.

This. Loan deal last season was fucking stupid - cue the happy clappers "but, but...Spurs aren't our rivals!!" - and I'll be well angry if we pay for him to play for those cheap cunts again.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Soulboy said:
Ntini77 said:
If true, WTF were we thinking offering him £175k a week. Madness.

Maybe he wouldn't have left Arsenal otherwise?

And we could have signed Rodallega instead, or maybe Darren Bent...
Samuel Eto'o.

Yeah, he'd have jumped at leaving Milan to come to mid-table City for £100k a week...

Be serious mate.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm --<br /><br />I'm not sure why everyone seems to get hung up on what fee we should pay for a player and whether or not he's worth certain wages.

It's not your money.

I still pay the same admission fee (relatively) as I did when Gerry Creaney and Laurent Charvet were our big signings.

If we sign no one ever again I will still be paying my season ticket every season. I'm really bemused as to why the panic has set in so early?

We usually leave it till nearer the end of a season...

Soulboy said:
Soulboy said:

Samuel Eto'o.

Yeah, he'd have jumped at leaving Milan to come to mid-table City for £100k a week...

Be serious mate.

-- Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm --

I'm not sure why everyone seems to get hung up on what fee we should pay for a player and whether or not he's worth certain wages.

It's not your money.

I still pay the same admission fee (relatively) as I did when Gerry Creaney and Laurent Charvet were our big signings.

If we sign no one ever again I will still be paying my season ticket every season. I'm really bemused as to why the panic has set in so early?

Because we have arrived and now we are here, we want to stay here. We need to press on and make sure to build on what we have.

Chelsea have declared war this summer and United will be thereabouts as always.

Missing on Hazard was a gutter, but we need to move on and strengthen our weaknesses. CB, CM, Wing and Forward to replace outgoing one should Dzeko or Tevez move.

Soulboy said:
Soulboy said:

Samuel Eto'o.

Be serious mate.

-- Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm --

I'm not sure why everyone seems to get hung up on what fee we should pay for a player and whether or not he's worth certain wages.

It's not your money.

He was at Barcelona at the time and was interested in coming to us but had a protracted stand-off with them over his 'loyalty bonus'. Serious enough?

Sideshow Bob said:
onceabluealways said:

This. Loan deal last season was fucking stupid - cue the happy clappers "but, but...Spurs aren't our rivals!!" - and I'll be well angry if we pay for him to play for those cheap cunts again.
Were they our rivals?

The 8-3 aggregate and league placings suggest now

we shallacked them last season but we shouldn't just be giving away a striker like adebayor for free which is essentially what we did last year to a club who are competing for the CL and a title. Just want to get rid of this greedy fuck.

Soulboy said:

It's not your money.

Mate, It may not be our money. But how much we get from transfers dictates who we'll buy later on, FFP-wise. If we don't have enough money allotted to buy Martinez, for example, we'll be looking for someone of lesser quality..that's just how it is..
Ade's not an isolated case, we've been underwriting the value of most of the players we wanted to get rid..even though they still have some quality, rather than being a waste of space..I'm always surprised at how clubs like Arsenal can demand 20mil for RVP having only a year left, but we can't do the same for Ade, because of his excessive wages..imo, Ade is possibly just a tier below RVP, quality-wise..
Hope that for current and future transfers, everything will now be done correctly..Hazard case would probably be a instance of us putting our foot down, to stop being taken for a ride by agents..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.