Adrian Bernabe

Feel like he needs a loan. Doesn't really have much to prove at the EDS level. Maybe Girona or Troyes?

Reactions: kun
It did seem a bit strange that he and Nmecha were playing for the EDS the other night when they were way older than everyone else. They both needs loans this season to test themselves at a higher level

Unless they get Bernabé to agree to a contract extension, loaning out at this point will invariably lead to him walking for free next summer. Knowing the player, I suspect everything hinges on whether he gets assurances of 1st team opportunities else I struggle to see him remaining

Unless they get Bernabé to agree to a contract extension, loaning out at this point will invariably lead to him walking for free next summer. Knowing the player, I suspect everything hinges on whether he gets assurances of 1st team opportunities else I struggle to see him remaining
I was wondering how long it would be, you've been hanging around like the smelly bloke with the squint at the kids playground for awhile.

Is he another 'cule' (pass me the sick bag) who can't wait to go home?

Due to Wilson-Esbrand's injury, Bernabe has been playing a couple of games as a LB now for the EDS, and he`s actually been really good. As a winger, he`s always been kinda average in the EDS, but he has really stepped up in his new role. Looks like he believes much more in himself than before and works harder than I`ve ever seen him do previously. Very fascinating to see. I`ll post some highlights of him below. His crossing has always been good, as seen in the last couple of games where he`s been overlapping the winger and putting in great crosses from the LB position. He`s also been playing a lot as an inverted LB (like Zinchenko/Delph), participating in the build-up play from deep.

He was poor against Bournemouth for the first team, but he had barely played any football since the break before that game, and everything went wrong for him that night. Pep played him as a LB though, so he might have seen something in him. I think he has much more to his game than Zinchenko. He`s quicker, he knows how to dribble past someone, makes way more progressive passes, is braver, but he`s also a good crosser. Lots of full-backs initially started out as wingers, and I think he`s at the right age to retrain a new position. In the last 2 games the EDS have been dominating, with not a lot of defending to do, so it`s hard to judge how good he actually is defensively, but he`s put in a couple of great tackles. At times he reminded me a little bit of Zabba, with the warrior mentality. I`ve been a little negative towards Bernabe previously, but he`s really surprised me this season and I think he could be a great LB. Pep seems to like him too, been on the bench several times for the first team this season, and got a few cameos from the bench last season

Bernabe highlights vs dippers (no 5) :

General highlights EDS vs Brighton:

Due to Wilson-Esbrand's injury, Bernabe has been playing a couple of games as a LB now for the EDS, and he`s actually been really good. As a winger, he`s always been kinda average in the EDS, but he has really stepped up in his new role. Looks like he believes much more in himself than before and works harder than I`ve ever seen him do previously. Very fascinating to see. I`ll post some highlights of him below. His crossing has always been good, as seen in the last couple of games where he`s been overlapping the winger and putting in great crosses from the LB position. He`s also been playing a lot as an inverted LB (like Zinchenko/Delph), participating in the build-up play from deep.

He was poor against Bournemouth for the first team, but he had barely played any football since the break before that game, and everything went wrong for him that night. Pep played him as a LB though, so he might have seen something in him. I think he has much more to his game than Zinchenko. He`s quicker, he knows how to dribble past someone, makes way more progressive passes, is braver, but he`s also a good crosser. Lots of full-backs initially started out as wingers, and I think he`s at the right age to retrain a new position. In the last 2 games the EDS have been dominating, with not a lot of defending to do, so it`s hard to judge how good he actually is defensively, but he`s put in a couple of great tackles. At times he reminded me a little bit of Zabba, with the warrior mentality. I`ve been a little negative towards Bernabe previously, but he`s really surprised me this season and I think he could be a great LB. Pep seems to like him too, been on the bench several times for the first team this season, and got a few cameos from the bench last season

Bernabe highlights vs dippers (no 5) :

General highlights EDS vs Brighton:

I really hope he gets the chance as LB against Marseille and Zinchenko is played in midfield.

Feels like the perfect game to see if either of them can adapt to these roles for us, and for Bernabe in particular, I never saw any future here as a midfielder, and all of a sudden, I can now see a back-up LB role for us.

Because of his build, I could see him being like Andrew Robertson at Liverpool.

I really hope he gets the chance as LB against Marseille and Zinchenko is played in midfield.

Feels like the perfect game to see if either of them can adapt to these roles for us, and for Bernabe in particular, I never saw any future here as a midfielder, and all of a sudden, I can now see a back-up LB role for us.

Because of his build, I could see him being like Andrew Robertson at Liverpool.
Don’t think that will happen. It will be either Ake or Zinchenko at LB I think. I’m probably overly positive about this whole position change, but he’s actually been really good there. Pep gave him a shot in that position for the first team, and the EDS coach could have played Ogbeta (CB/LB) instead, but prefers Bernabe for a reason. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up the good run of games. Skip to 2:31 in the second clip to see one of his many good crosses

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.