Adrian Bernabe

Don’t think that will happen. It will be either Ake or Zinchenko at LB I think. I’m probably overly positive about this whole position change, but he’s actually been really good there. Pep gave him a shot in that position for the first team, and the EDS coach could have played Ogbeta (CB/LB) instead, but prefers Bernabe for a reason. It will be interesting to see if he can keep up the good run of games. Skip to 2:31 in the second clip to see one of his many good crosses
I've always thought he played well in midfield but took a lot of batterings as he did when playing wide on those clips. When he played against Bournemouth he looked like he was only told an hour before the kick off, but as you say it was early in his left back experiment. It will be very interesting to see how he develops.

He isn't going to be able to step in against Premier League players & stop them from running past him & scoring.
Zinchenko never really was either, but still did very well in our system in 18/19. The key to someone like Zinchenko/Delph or even Bernabe succeeding in our system is a top-class CB pairing, which we seem to have plenty of now. As already said I`m probably being overly positive about him, as I always am with academy players, but Bernabe has some qualities that could make a great LB for us, but of course he has a very long way to go

Zinchenko never really was either, but still did very well in our system in 18/19. The key to someone like Zinchenko/Delph or even Bernabe succeeding in our system is a top-class CB pairing, which we seem to have plenty of now. As already said I`m probably being overly positive about him, as I always am with academy players, but Bernabe has some qualities that could make a great LB for us, but of course he has a very long way to go

I'm just going off what we've seen of players/defenders, in the flesh especially, when we can directly compare generations mate. Not just for City but other teams too. Angelino, for me, was much more aggressive & stronger at that level, but at mens level, defensively he's a child, even now. Imo he was & is also more talented & dangerous going forward. Zinchenko is just better built so has got away with it, often due to Fernandinho.

I quite like Benarbe compared to some of the other similar ilk we have signed. But I think the only reason he's even getting a thought, is once again favouritism. If we wanted to build a left back from another position in the academy, I recon we could find ten others in ten years who might have been more likely, but weren't considered, as is normally the way, without making a special case.

I would have liked to see Couto? (the kid from Brazil) tried there, as he seems to have a bit of that SWP tenacity about him.

Given what i've seen of his ability in midfield......i'm fairly certain he couldn't be any worse at left back.

I'm just going off what we've seen of players/defenders, in the flesh especially, when we can directly compare generations mate. Not just for City but other teams too. Angelino, for me, was much more aggressive & stronger at that level, but at mens level, defensively he's a child, even now. Imo he was & is also more talented & dangerous going forward. Zinchenko is just better built so has got away with it, often due to Fernandinho.

I quite like Benarbe compared to some of the other similar ilk we have signed. But I think the only reason he's even getting a thought, is once again favouritism. If we wanted to build a left back from another position in the academy, I recon we could find ten others in ten years who might have been more likely, but weren't considered, as is normally the way, without making a special case.

I would have liked to see Couto? (the kid from Brazil) tried there, as he seems to have a bit of that SWP tenacity about him.
Couto couldn't get a look in at Girona since the season began last time I check. We might get a profit for these players but they won't play for City I'm afraid

Mahrez couldn't get a look in playing in Scotland.
Yes, you can find many cases like Mahrez, you can also find thousands of cases that prove the opposite. Hence why I only used the word "afraid", but it's still more probable than the Mahrez scenario. Angelino and Maffeo were starring there week in week out and could not establish themselves in this City side. Luiz also quickly established himself there. If he turns it around and then come to City to be a good full back for us, that'd be brilliant, but until I see him play for Girona I just don't keep my hope up.

Yes, you can find many cases like Mahrez, you can also find thousands of cases that prove the opposite. Hence why I only used the word "afraid", but it's still more probable than the Mahrez scenario. Angelino and Maffeo were starring there week in week out and could not establish themselves in this City side. Luiz also quickly established himself there. If he turns it around and then come to City to be a good full back for us, that'd be brilliant, but until I see him play for Girona I just don't keep my hope up.

I don't tend to take any notice tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.