Adrien Rabiot

Yeah, not a player I'd break the bank for but on a free absolutely.
I can't understand that, either he's a player that is worth a squad place and improves us or he isn't. I don't really have a view on it. But it isn't worth bringing in a player to use a squad place and pay his wages just because he's fee or cheap, the fee shouldn't come into it beyond whether we can afford it.

I can't understand that, either he's a player that is worth a squad place and improves us or he isn't. I don't really have a view on it. But it isn't worth bringing in a player to use a squad place and pay his wages just because he's fee or cheap, the fee shouldn't come into it beyond whether we can afford it.

I'm not saying he's not good enough to play for us. He is, but in today's market some clubs put ridiculous asking prices on players. For what PSG would probably want for him, I don't think he would be worth taking out a large chunk of a transfer budget, but if it's on a free then it's a no brainer. Sorry if my standalone sentence wasn't clear.

I'm not saying he's not good enough to play for us. He is, but in today's market some clubs put ridiculous asking prices on players. For what PSG would probably want for him, I don't think he would be worth taking out a large chunk of a transfer budget, but if it's on a free then it's a no brainer. Sorry if my standalone sentence wasn't clear.
I sort of see what you're saying. I was thinking more, say we were looking at Neves and Rabiot for the pivot just as examples. Neves £50 mill, Rabiot free. We should take Neves still if we think he is the better fit / player. The fact Rabiot is free shouldn't effect the decision, unless we think there isn't much between them as players.

I sort of see what you're saying. I was thinking more, say we were looking at Neves and Rabiot for the pivot just as examples. Neves £50 mill, Rabiot free. We should take Neves still if we think he is the better fit / player. The fact Rabiot is free shouldn't effect the decision, unless we think there isn't much between them as players.

That I completely agree with. If we can afford the players then yes go for the top targets. Willing to settle for a player on a free opposed to an expensive target is something Arsenal would do.

That I completely agree with. If we can afford the players then yes go for the top targets. Willing to settle for a player on a free opposed to an expensive target is something Arsenal would do.
It depends but the £50mil player might only be 5% better than the free player. Rabiot has been a big player for PSG in Ligue 1 and Champions League. If they have all the money in the world to spend, you think they'd of replaced him/relegated him to a bench role.

It depends but the £50mil player might only be 5% better than the free player. Rabiot has been a big player for PSG in Ligue 1 and Champions League. If they have all the money in the world to spend, you think they'd of replaced him/relegated him to a bench role.
Very true, but he wouldn't play the same position for us as he does for PSG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.