Advice needed

Just blank her completely , BOTH of you , don't give her any more reason to think your still interested ... she'll get over it, and move on, eventually.

Chances are that it could well just a be a scam anyway ..

Last edited:
So your friend hasn't actually met this woman? He doesn't have any physical proof that anything she has said, or anything that her 'relatives' have said is in any way, shape or form true, even though it may have sounded the most plausible story? Webchat (Zoom/Skype)?

Here are some 'classic' signs of a groomer/scam set-up.
  • You are approached by a stranger via phone, email, letter, instant messaging, social networking websites, dating websites or chatrooms and they ask you personal questions during what they want you to believe is casual conversation.
  • If you have met a groomer via an online dating service they will tell you they have strong feelings for you very early in the ‘relationship’.
  • The groomer offers up fake personal information during your conversations in order to gain your trust. They may claim to be in the same situation as you or share similar interests.
  • They may even speak of fake unfortunate events which have befallen them in order to make you feel like helping them.
  • After a period of communicating for days, weeks or months the scammer will request money, gifts, personal, financial or credit card details or some other form of assistance to help them out of their current 'situation'.

Now in this instance, I think there are two possibilities:

1. Either everything she has told your friend is 100% true, and she genuinely needs help.

2. Everything she has told your friend is either a lie or a partial truth (perhaps her mother did die a few years ago), and she is playing a long game scam where she gets your friend in a position where he trusts her because she's been 'true to her word' about something small and insignificant.

If it helps, get your friend to write down a 2 column table of everything she's ether said or claimed about her life, and then what evidence he has that any of it is true.

Sometimes, when you see it written down it becomes obvious.

I once left my house with the sole intention of committing suicide. I ended up in hospital.

I hadn’t told anyone I was going to do it.

Find out her address, get your "mate" to fly over and brick her windows, if she has any, slap the shitbag while she is asleep, throw a fence at her dad, then torch the place. That will learn her!

She’s going to kill herself over someone she’s never met?? I’d say it’s either a scam or she’s mentally ill.. Either way just block her and move on, she will once she knows there is nothing doing ... My advice to your mate :-), is pick a bird he can meet in the flesh and stay away from foreign websites... I reckon her next play will be, send me a few grand to go away and not kill myself ....

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.