Advice to my 8 yr old. "Just punch him in the face"

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
LittleStan said:
Personally,I don't consider advising an eight year old child to punch another eight year old child in the face to be good advice,but clearly I am lacking the macho posturing and testosterone of other posters.

I was going for subtlety but good luck with your method ;)

I'm the off topic iconoclast Stan,and have little desire to compete in the headlong race to be forum hard man.
I'm merely surprised that we have reached seven pages without somebody suggesting arming the aggrieved child with a kalashnikov.

I think Glen must be on holiday.

My cousin was just telling me about his 5-year old kid. The child and his friend got into a fight - over a ball. He scratched the other kid's face, and got punched in the face for his efforts, thereby losing his front teeth..the kid comes home bloodied and my cousin is totally furious. So the father and the child go looking for the other kid's parents, only to see them coming towards his house with an equally furious expression. Both fathers take one look at the bloodied kids, and start laughing. They shook hands and went back the way they came with the promise to remain in contact and keep tabs on their kids.
What an odd way to make new friends lol ..and the curious thing is that the teacher and the school stood by doing nothing while this incident took place..

LittleStan said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Not wanting to protect yourself is a bit odd? Of course it's not odd to dislike violence

I also did not say I did not want to protect myself, it was not like I stood there and got hit. There are other ways, I kept out of he way, walked home 3 miles longer and stayed in the classroom at school.

My point was that I was been told, by people who loved me, to do something that I deep down thought was wrong.

It was a double whammy, feel guilty for not hitting somebody and felt sick if I did.

That sounds like you just let the bully win and it ended up controlling your life

LittleStan said:
LittleStan said:
I was going for subtlety but good luck with your method ;)

I'm the off topic iconoclast Stan,and have little desire to compete in the headlong race to be forum hard man.
I'm merely surprised that we have reached seven pages without somebody suggesting arming the aggrieved child with a kalashnikov.

Pardon??????????????????????????

Personally,I don't consider advising an eight year old child to punch another eight year old child in the face to be good advice,but clearly I am lacking the macho posturing and testosterone of other posters.

Sometimes pal in order to make someone understand you have to speak their language.
I do agree with your sentiment though.

Sentiment its for poets and those in same sex relationships may I ask which one you are ? ;)

talkativesprout said:

Sometimes pal in order to make someone understand you have to speak their language.

Sentiment its for poets and those in same sex relationships may I ask which one you are ? ;)

As i'm saddled with a missus, it must be a poet,as my gay mates get far more sex than I ever did.
Bringing up kids is a thankless task,however,and I would be loathe to criticise anyone who had their childs best interests at heart,as sometimes there is no clear right and wrong,as you will be damned by somebody whatever course of action you choose.
I was more railing against the off topic vigilantes and their gung-ho justice than having a go at yourself.

talkativesprout said:

As i'm saddled with a missus, it must be a poet,as my gay mates get far more sex than I ever did.
Bringing up kids is a thankless task,however,and I would be loathe to criticise anyone who had their childs best interests at heart,as sometimes there is no clear right and wrong,as you will be damned by somebody whatever course of action you choose.
I was more railing against the off topic vigilantes and their gung-ho justice than having a go at yourself.

Mate, it is hard though. I have taught my kids NEVER to bully, always be polite and treat those how you expect to be treated yourself. My two are a great example of that, there is no doubt. I have however, told them that if you feel threatened, then stand your ground, and don't give in. The girl in MY CASE, still bullies other kids three years on. In fact, one girl who is very timid, has tried to take an overdose, due to the fact her mum is a single parent and timid herself, so at the mercy of this wankers pissed up parents/family.

I will always stand by the 'give them a taste of their own medicine' brigade. It's how i was taught, how i've taught my kids and hopefully what they will teach theirs.....

BoyBlue_1985 said:
That sounds like you just let the bully win and it ended up controlling your life

Unfortunately that is what bullies do, they control your life. this is how some teenagers get to a point where they commit suicide.

Not a nice thing bullying.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm --<br /><br />
glen quagmire said:
LittleStan said:

Pardon??????????????????????????

not being serious ;). Just thought that this thread could have you humor written all over it.

No offence was taken mate, nor perceived as your intention (hence my little throw away comment at the end).

I have kids ranging from 21 yo next mnth to my youngest of 5 (with 17-16 and of course my 8 yo). Never once called into school because of them hitting someone with the elder set and generally my stance has been never start it, but if it finds you sort it.
This is the first time i have ever given permission(for want of a better word) to whack a little shit and to be honest it went against the grain.

Happy Derby day to all xx

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.