African Cup of Nations - What are we going to do?

I can see us potentially picking up a loan signing with a decent fee. Not sure who, but there could be a surprise.

Lucho Gonzalez is one possibility for a loan signing but it'd be hard to find quality loan/free transfer signings like Vieira in January. Pranjic at Bayern has 6 months left and can't get a game.

De Rossi is of course the ultimate "just before Bosman" signing we could get but he seems to want to stay in Rome - but Roma seem reluctant to give him what he wants so who knows.

Not to worry. I've just dusted off my boots and I'm ready whenever Bobby needs me.

Jumanji said:
We can play Nasri in Yaya's position. He won't be quite as solid defensively (Yaya doesn't make many tackles anyway) and should be fine paired with De Jong.

Nasri has been underwhelming thus far but he can hold the ball and pass well enough for that position for sure.

I think that is more his natural position, anyway, so I think he would whelm us.
He doesn't have to whelm anyone, he'd just have to keep the ball ticking from that position and he showed at Arsenal that he's more than competent there.

I agree Nasri can come into his own in absence of Yaya.
Sure if a loan option is avalable then no issues taking it.

As for CH - i think extra cover here is worth getting anyway. I am not sure if we have a recall option on Boyata.

If not - i would like us to go for Samba - still yhink we need cover if we lose Joleon and Samba is the ready made replacement IMHO.

Tony Adcock said:
I agree Nasri can come into his own in absence of Yaya.
Sure if a loan option is avalable then no issues taking it.

As for CH - i think extra cover here is worth getting anyway. I am not sure if we have a recall option on Boyata.

If not - i would like us to go for Samba - still yhink we need cover if we lose Joleon and Samba is the ready made replacement IMHO.

Chris Samba???

i really cant see why people would want him anywhere near our club? is he really the type/caliber of player we want at city??

he's slow and clumsy at times, great in the air but not better than anyone we currently have.

Is Abu going out on loan or coming here. Call me crazy bit he could definitely see some minutes, although he won't start any games.

I don't think we'll have a problem either at centre back or the centre midfield,
Savic would be first choice cover at CB with Nedum and Richards available as emergency backup (both no strangers to the position of course).

If Nedum is sold in the transfer window, then in that scenario we would have to bring someone in, possibly on loan, as cover, tho I would personally like to see Ned stay until the season finishes.

In the two 'defensive' midfield positions, perm any two from De Jong, Milner and Barry, with backup from Hargreaves and Razak or even Zabaleta.

Nay problamo..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.