Age Old Argument

When both St Marks and Newton Heath were formed neither were in Manchester.

Its a pointless argument altogether as they have had that name for years and its never going to change.

It doesn't bother me as both stadiums are within easy reach by local transport, but that lot who support the rags make a big deal over City and Stockport for no apparent reason, in the same way as they refer to us as 'bitters' [originally coined by some guy who always phoned Stannage in post-match broadcasts], and with this in mind, we are entitled to give them some stick back. Sauce for the goose...

There's one argument against forcing them to change. Could you imagine if they called themselves Greater Manchester United. While everyone in Manchester would know what it means, the rest of the world would just see the word 'great'. Cue loads of idiots bigging utd up

They'll only counter that their ground has a Manchester postcode .....

As far as I am concerned whether it is in Stretford or Trafford or Salford it's still Manchester as far as I can see.

not that i think it really matters regarding manchester city boundaries or greater manchester i just wondered why the op gives list of greater manchester as for instance metro boro of stockport but town of oldham. is not oldham also a metro boro as is bolton wigan etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.