Age Old Argument

Altrincham is in Trafford, in the county of Cheshire, but has a WA (Warrington) postcode. Go figure

M24 Citizen said:
ccr said:
Shuffs said:
When both St Marks and Newton Heath were formed neither were in Manchester.

Its a pointless argument altogether as they have had that name for years and its never going to change.
Agreed,, but City were formed in 1894. The rags claim 1878. Therefore City = Manchester.....Rags = Oldham.
Think the Europeans should look at it. Champagne should be made only in one region. Cornish pasties can only be called Cornish if from Cornwall.
and geordies should be made to speak English.

Since when has Newton Heath ever been a part of Oldham??
In 1878 it was.

ctidcarl said:
But I never knew they played a "home" game at Anfield of all places.

Rags

Tis true my friend. Go and ask United fans about their history and where they had to play a couple of home matches at after their fans decided knife throwing was acceptable at a football match.
Surprising how few know - or admit to knowing.

tregyblue61 said:
Not really bothered...

Where is Newton Heath?

talking of frying fish, Grimsby play in Cleethorpes right?

Litterally 5/10 minutes walk straight up Briscoe lane from the Stadium.

5k29w7.jpg

LookIfoundmyKnob said:
But at the same time, take for example American 'football' teams. New York has two and they both play in New Jersey.

I live in the states and choose to call it 'throwball.' What an ugly game!

My favorite example though is in baseball The Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim. Anaheim is 40 miles from Los Angeles.

Was going to ask why isnt there a london city fc ,but spurs fan already posted it.Slighty off topic,years ago on a Showmans winter quarters at cross lane in salford,the post man gave my dad a letter from his girlfreind, my mam,saying at the end of the address ,salford near manchester,to which he said , Tell your bird,salford aint near any where mate.

ctidcarl said:
Carver said:
Oh and don't forget that they had to play a home game against Arsenal at Anfield and another one at the Victoria Ground Stoke in 1971 after they got banned from the swamp due to some dick heads throwing knives.

Is this true?? Did they really have to play "home" games elsewhere??

I know they borrowed our ground after theirs got bombed and also when they qualified for Europe and had no floodlights - because the thick twats forgot it got dark at night.

But I never knew they played a "home" game at Anfield of all places.

Rags

Here's the programme:

Manchester-United-v-Arsen-008.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.