Aguero 93:20 8th Anniversary 16:53 Wednesday

No matter what video I watch.

No matter what commentary I hear.

I still think Sergio's going to slice it wide.

Greatest sporting event ever, and I was 11 rows behind the QPR goal when it happened. Perfect.

Greatest sporting event ever, and I was 11 rows behind the QPR goal when it happened. Perfect.

I'm less of a pessimist TROTD - I always think he's gonna hit the post!

We were 9 rows back one block to the right of the goal an I still see see that goal in slow motion, maybe my minds playing trick but my memory is thinking when Aguero took that first touch ‘ it’s going in’. Yet I have very little recollection of Dzeko’s goal.

Agreed!

Rubbing your achievements in other’s faces shows anything from an inferiority complex to simply being a ****.

Plus, most Scousers (most of the country!) cheered that goal that day with us. They came on this site to congratulate us at the time.

It was United we beat to that title, not Liverpool! Rags still feel sick when they see replays of the Agüeroooooo goal.

Just enjoy the anniversary as a City fan for City achievements!

I said the other day that I don’t think I’ve ever celebrated a non Liverpool goal as much as I did that. The fact that there were a couple of the lads who are United with us made it even better.
Best league title finish I’ve ever seen, only Arsenal against us in ‘89 comes close.
As an aside, am I right in thinking that the assist from Balotelli to Aguero was the only one he provided whilst playing for you? I can’t remember if it’s him or I’m getting it confused with something/body else. Was sure that there was something else memorable about that assist.

I said the other day that I don’t think I’ve ever celebrated a non Liverpool goal as much as I did that. The fact that there were a couple of the lads who are United with us made it even better.
Best league title finish I’ve ever seen, only Arsenal against us in ‘89 comes close.
As an aside, am I right in thinking that the assist from Balotelli to Aguero was the only one he provided whilst playing for you? I can’t remember if it’s him or I’m getting it confused with something/body else. Was sure that there was something else memorable about that assist.
Yes his only assist

We were 9 rows back one block to the right of the goal an I still see see that goal in slow motion, maybe my minds playing trick but my memory is thinking when Aguero took that first touch ‘ it’s going in’. Yet I have very little recollection of Dzeko’s goal.
Block 139 (I think) for me, so at the side of the goal where Sergio shot from. All I remember of Dzeko's was a mass of people on and around the 6 yard area and he seemed to find so much space. There was a collective sigh around us, though, as everyone was thinking "Well, that just makes it worse" but just before that there had been a big rise in the noise as 5 minutes went up and all thoughts had gone back to Gillingham. Don't think anyone thought we could repeat it BUT I do now remember thinking 'I'm not leaving, just in case' as others around us did.

Block 139 (I think) for me, so at the side of the goal where Sergio shot from. All I remember of Dzeko's was a mass of people on and around the 6 yard area and he seemed to find so much space. There was a collective sigh around us, though, as everyone was thinking "Well, that just makes it worse" but just before that there had been a big rise in the noise as 5 minutes went up and all thoughts had gone back to Gillingham. Don't think anyone thought we could repeat it BUT I do now remember thinking 'I'm not leaving, just in case' as others around us did.
Just looked at my sons paper ticket which we got framed for him with programme and stuff, block 134.
He was 11, and didn’t really understand the significance at the time I guess but remembers my reaction and being lifted up by me. Yet now 19 he watches back all this stuff back and knows the history I think he gets as moved as much as me with it all. I don’t actually remember anyone around us leaving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.